• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Missile Thread

This image is floating around and as I pointed out on X, there doesn’t seem to be a pilot or wso visible. Of course, they could be short pilots but I doubt it.
The 4 missiles appear to be SM6 modified for air launch and is designated AIM 174B by the USN.

I suppose next will be an F35B or C with similar configuration, or a drone.

It’s real, and the site has links to other Rhinos with AIM-174Bs. One was spotted at RIMPAC in the summer.

This image is floating around and as I pointed out on X, there doesn’t seem to be a pilot or wso visible. Of course, they could be short pilots but I doubt it.
The 4 missiles appear to be SM6 modified for air launch and is designated AIM 174B by the USN.

I suppose next will be an F35B or C with similar configuration, or a drone.
The pilot and nfo are visible. Their white helmets are visible in the cockpit.

It’s real, and the site has links to other Rhinos with AIM-174Bs. One was spotted at RIMPAC in the summer.

Thanks!

I was think on my drive today that ship launched ASM might be more a defensive weapon then an offensive one. Any ship launching an ASM probably is going to eat one coming back the other way. So really you're just protecting yourself by threatening retaliation.

I suppose if you can get targeting info from offboard you can leverage stealth and range. But really naval strike needs to be done by aircraft. They can get the salvo densities to overwhelm defences and the range using a high low attack profile to avoid being shot down.

Not a missile but holy smokes!!!! KDX III Batch 2 bow sonar compartment is yuuuuuge. Can smuggle a Hyundai dealership that space.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    690.8 KB · Views: 7
Back