• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy Badges on Army / Air Force DEUs

IF (big if) the RCN is "blocking" (which they can't) a Domestic Ops medal is because all naval operations are Dom Ops basically. As are most Airforce Operations. Hence why the RCN introduced the Sea Service Insignia to recognize all the operations sailors do (by way of counting sea days) that aren't counted.

Army stops LARPing for two weeks to respond to a flood in Quebec (again) and they want a medal for it. ;)
Idk - the DOMOP I did was harder, dirtier and more dangerous than my Latvia tour. Probably worthy of recognition.
 
I tell people it's my gold star for attendance. I showed-up every day on that tour and did my job. Just like 40K other CAF members did in that theatre.

The thing that bothers me is when people judge your medals/deployments based on your DEU. I remember a FGH MCpl mocking my deployment to Afghanistan at the Portage La Prairie air show back in '09, because I was in RCAF DEU. Fucktard hadn't gone anywhere, but felt quite confident that as an air force guy I was just a poser. When I was about to confront the idiot, an older vet came by and started asking about my career, and diffused the situation... Likely a former SNCO who saw the fight starting.
Do you happen to remember the guy's name...😂
 
I tell people it's my gold star for attendance. I showed-up every day on that tour and did my job. Just like 40K other CAF members did in that theatre.

The thing that bothers me is when people judge your medals/deployments based on your DEU. I remember a FGH MCpl mocking my deployment to Afghanistan at the Portage La Prairie air show back in '09, because I was in RCAF DEU. Fucktard hadn't gone anywhere, but felt quite confident that as an air force guy I was just a poser. When I was about to confront the idiot, an older vet came by and started asking about my career, and diffused the situation... Likely a former SNCO who saw the fight starting.
How dare they do their job for real! Real soldiers only work weekends and thursdays and spend their time at the mess!
One of the issues with career reservists, especially Army one's with no Class C service, they're kinda really ignorant of what the rest of the military does and that some trades span the 3 uniforms and sometimes ones you wouldn't expect to be in a theatre working are there for whatever reason. They also don't get that sometimes people remuster. I've had more than a few discussions with folks in that unit (and a number of others in 38 CBG) that made me roll my eyes so far back that I could see my cerebellum.
I loved the lunglet.
Loved it.
I always carried a bottle of Tabasco in my webbing and ruck since I was a Reservist in the mid 80's...just in case I got some congealed mess like the spam bubblegum as I called it - to differentiate it from cherry lung/candle . My first ex with 1 Fd Amb, my CSM seemed genuinely taken aback when he saw me dumping some into a ration pack I was eating, like he'd never seen that, lol.
 
I always carried a bottle of Tabasco in my webbing and ruck since I was a Reservist in the mid 80's...

MRE sized
1790619949124.png
I used to make Xmas tree decorations out of them.

I preferred "Frank's Red Hot", and even before the "put that s*** of everything" ad campaign, did. Though my everyday sauce is now Valentina's.
 
MRE sized
View attachment 102430
I used to make Xmas tree decorations out of them.

I preferred "Frank's Red Hot", and even before the "put that s*** of everything" ad campaign, did. Though my everyday sauce is now Valentina's.
I liked Frank's as well - just easier to find smaller sized Tobasco bottles in those days. I remember the MRE sized ones when getting the MRE's off Americans - I seem to recall they were in most of the packets.
 
Back
Top