• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I hope I am, as thats all I did the the Gulf for Augmentation and Apollo.

Michael OLeary said:
JTF-2 has members from the Navy, that does not mean they form a naval compnent within JTF-2.

Good God, we could be at this for years.

The OP asked if there were any special forces in the navy.  I suspect he doesn't realise that "the navy" isn't a service of its own anymore, but is part of the Canadian Armed Forces.  He's asking with a view to a career, and that part of his question boils down to "can I join the navy and be a special forces operator?" -- or so I took it to be.

The answer is that there is no naval (or other element-specific) special forces outfit in Canada, but people in the navy may serve in JTF2.  That would be the nearest equivalent to being a Canadian "SEAL".

All cleared up? :)

Good God, we could be at this for years.Gee I wonder whose fault that is?  ::)

The OP asked if there were any special forces in the navy.   I suspect he doesn't realise that "the navy" isn't a service of its own anymore, but is part of the Canadian Armed Forces.
Yes but to the layman when you say navy/air force/army they can get their minds wrapped around that not the tail spin you are starting.

He's asking with a view to a career, and that part of his question boils down to "can I join the navy and be a special forces operator?" -- or so I took it to be.

The answer is that there is no naval (or other element-specific) special forces outfit in Canada, but people in the navy may serve in JTF2.   That would be the nearest equivalent to being a Canadian "SEAL".
Which ended up you confusing the issue even more, the question was more then adequately answered.

All cleared up? :)
Shouldn't have had to even been confused it was a straight forward question given a straightforward answer.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Good God, we could be at this for years.
Gee I wonder whose fault that is?   ::)

Yours for picking apart every sentence I write, and mine for not ignoring it from the outset.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Shouldn't have had to even been confused it was a straight forward question given a straightforward answer.

The lad asked if you can join the navy and be in special forces, and you said "no".  Well, you can, insofar as JTF2 is a special forces outfit.  That's all I was trying to clear up.

Hello does the navy have a SF force of some wut.. like ex: the u.s has the navy seals.. do we have anything like that    and is the navy getting any new ships and getting subs

NM this is Babba's original post..."does the navy have a SF Force"which means under naval control. Its a pretty straightforward question. I replied, and you then you rambled on and on. There is no naval special operations unit that answers to the CMS and the last I checked JTF2 answered to the CDS and the PMO. As for me picking apart every sentence you write, when you pass out such confusing and erroneous answrs you are damn right I will pick apart everything you write.

Ex-Dragoon said:
NM this is Babba's original post..."does the navy have a SF Force"which means under naval control. Its a pretty straightforward question. I replied, and you then you rambled on and on. There is no naval special operations unit that answers to the CMS and the last I checked JTF2 answered to the CDS and the PMO. As for me picking apart every sentence you write, when you pass out such confusing and erroneous answrs you are damn right I will pick apart everything you write.

Okay buddy. 

Michael OLeary said:
JTF-2 has members from the Navy, that does not mean they form a naval compnent within JTF-2.

This is important relating to the original question.

Does the navy have special forces. ANSWER:NO
Is there navy personnel in JTF- ANSWER:yes

But the guys in JTF arent filling a Navy role. The kid is 15 Neill. You have to tailor your response to your audience. He is looking at a career in the Navy. Not serving in the Navy for years before trying out for a team that will take him to central canada. There are sailors in JTF there is not JTF in the Navy. Therefore Ex. is right and whether you feel like admitting it- you are wrong.

Aaron White said:
Therefore Ex. is right and whether you feel like admitting it- you are wrong.

Life is far too short for me to spend any more of it defending my posts in this thread, beyond saying that my only purpose was to provide a bit more information than others had provided.  That, I think, is a reasonable enough thing to do on an Internet forum.

If you think anything I've said in this thread is wrong, please quote it now.  If not, that's my last word in this thread.

If you think anything I've said in this thread is wrong, please quote it now.  If not, that's my last word in this thread
Hmmm....look at everything I quoted you on and you pretty much get the idea.

Ok NM, you have made your point, such as it is. It's time to flash up and move on .. but please remeber many of the visitors of this site are quite young or impressionable, we all have a duty to use a degree of precision in our posts when stating facts so there is nothing erroneous or misleading. If you are stating an opinion, say so, if you are stating a fact, say so and please at least offer references of same. Thx.

Neill McKay said:
The OP asked if there were any special forces in the navy.  I suspect he doesn't realise that "the navy" isn't a service of its own anymore, but is part of the Canadian Armed Forces.

Is this even true?  I thought the move back to distinctive uniforms, and the fact that LFC calls itself the "army" does mean we have seperate services in some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back