• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Babba

Hello does the navy have a SF force of some wut.. like ex: the u.s has the navy seals.. do we have anything like that  :cdn: :salute: and is the navy getting any new ships and getting subs

This is covered throughout if you use the search function you will find a lot of these have been answered before.

does the navy have a SF force of some wut.. like ex: the u.s has the navy seals.. do we have anything like that
No...and no marines either.

is the navy getting any new ships and getting subs
Tes looks like the AORs will be replaced by the JSS in a few years...OPVs are being considered as is a common surface combatant to replace both the 280s and CPFs around the 2020 time frame. We have leased 4 Updolder Class SSKs and we are in the process of reactivating them and bringing them up to Canadian standards.

ok thanks.. how do you become an navy diver. im 15 years old just starting to look into a career in the navy or army.

To become a ships team diver you volunteer for it. Its a secondary duty

ok thanks cool. maybe i will look into a career with the navy

oh and any info on a combat diver.. do the combat divers do all the other diving stuff.. or just train for combat diving? thanks again

Ex-Dragoon said:
To become a ships team diver you volunteer for it. Its a secondary duty

There are also two dedicated diving trades: clearance diver and port inspection diver (reg and reserve respectively).  (The names may have changed, as they seem to from time to time.)

Ex-Dragoon said:
No...and no marines either.

There are sailors in JTF 2, though.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Tes looks like the AORs will be replaced by the JSS in a few years...OPVs are being considered as is a common surface combatant to replace both the 280s and CPFs around the 2020 time frame. We have leased 4 Updolder Class SSKs and we are in the process of reactivating them and bringing them up to Canadian standards.

I understood that the OPV was intended to fill roles that don't necessarily require something the size of a CPF, but do require an offshore capability beyone what an MCDV can provide.

Neill McKay said:
There are also two dedicated diving trades: clearance diver and port inspection diver (reg and reserve respectively).   (The names may have changed, as they seem to from time to time.)
Agreed but he never specified so I went with the basics.

There are sailors in JTF 2, though.
But they are not marines, there is a difference. there is also Air Force but you would not compare them to the PJs of the USAF.

I understood that the OPV was intended to fill roles that don't necessarily require something the size of a CPF, but do require an offshore capability beyone what an MCDV can provide.
Yes and I also said that this program/proposal was in addition to the new surface combatant down the road.

Combat Divers are Army.

You must Be Engineer Qualified And ThenBe Fit Enough For the Course. Then get a Spot ( A Highly Requested Course )

They Do Engineer tasks in An Aquatic Enviroment

:cdn:

Ex-Dragoon said:
But they are not marines, there is a difference.

Of course.  I was speaking with ref. to the original poster's question on special forces and SEALs, naval JTF2 members being perhaps the closest Canadian equivalent to having a naval special forces outfit.  Poor quoting on my part, it appears.

There should be a rule where people aren't allowed to hear about the JTF unless they have atleast 2 years in the forces.

Neill McKay said:
Of course.   I was speaking with ref. to the original poster's question on special forces and SEALs, naval JTF2 members being perhaps the closest Canadian equivalent to having a naval special forces outfit.   Poor quoting on my part, it appears.

JTF-2 has members from the Navy, that does not mean they form a naval compnent within JTF-2.

Ghost778 said:
There should be a rule where people aren't allowed to hear about the JTF unless they have atleast 2 years in the forces.

LMAO - Good one!

Babba said:
Hello does the navy have a SF force of some wut.. like ex: the u.s has the navy seals.. do we have anything like that   :cdn: :salute: and is the navy getting any new ships and getting subs

The Navy has a naval bording team on each ship. it is not a trade . on a ship you still do your primary trade but if required as a member of a team you may be called apon to do an unaposed or aposed bording . cool stuff .you can be armed with MP5. remington 870 with folding cobat stock. sig saur p229. .

Insert Quote
Quote from: Ghost778 on Today at 10:40:48

I BELEVE YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT TIME IN TRADE BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY FOR JTF.

They do, but you missed the point/joke.

chief_of_da_fence said:
The Navy has a naval bording team on each ship. it is not a trade . on a ship you still do your primary trade but if required as a member of a team you may be called apon to do an unaposed or aposed bording . cool stuff .you can be armed with MP5. remington 870 with folding cobat stock. sig saur p229. .

bording part video

http://www.combatcamera.dnd.ca/video/!2003/arabian_gulf/vid_apollo_e.htm

chief_of_da_fence said:

Actually its a Sig Sauer P225 not P229. I wish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back