• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Necessary Television Channels

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Do we need a 500 channel universe?  Other than the Weather Network (for the weather, and Anne Marie Sweeney), the Space Channel, and the Drive-In channel, what else do we need?

"Love and a 45" was on Drive-In today.  A veritable celluloid museum of cliches.  Plus Renee Russo.

Comments?

I don't think I would have survived this long without Discovery and History channels. I think by now, I've learned more from those 2 alone, than I did in all my years of grade school.

I don't watch much TV as it is but i need CBC newsworld, as well as CBC for HNIC (maybe throw in Rogers Sportsnet and TSN for my beloved leafs).  As for Digital channels, I guess my favourites are IFC and Doc. 

I think when the CRTC first allowed and provided operating licenses to various specialty and pay-per-view channels, the
idea was the channels would live or die by subscribership.  Bundled package rates may have saved some.  If there
are 500 channels, someone is paying for them.

All the main channels you get with just your basic cable package. Don't know how many channels that is but somewhere around 40.

With my satelite service we have over 900 channels lol, that might sound like alot but it's not really as alot of them are the same thing just from diffrent regions. I have like 8 CBCs.

"I have like 8 CBCs."

- Some mandarin's idea of paradise, but not ours..

Tom

Back