• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need ideas for a Canada tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My $0.02 worth.
Many of the troops returning from the Gulf War/Desert Shield-Storm, got inked with a furled Cdn flag with "for the, we fight" under it.  Maybe too you could wait until you're done your recruit training and a bit more gung-ho for that one. But it does symbolize your commitment to the "cause".
cheers, out.

My suggestion would be to go to a top quality tat shop for a consultation. Ask the artist to design something for you. Give him some specific ideas that you would want incorporated. If you don't like something about the design when you go in to see it, then tell him/her. Most artists will make sure they create something that you will like, and that they would want "advertised" as being an original piece of theirs.

I would also suggest you wait until after basic before you get it.

Good Luck!

edited for spelling....no coffee in the body yet...geez  :eek:

Youal'  like to look cool with your brightly colored, detailed tattoo? Something the impress the girls with, look tough, etc.  Fine, go ahead.

one little tiny point you might want to consider. Employers don't want you to display tattoos, especially military, gungho tattoos, so get them where a shortsleeve shirt can cover them.

That detail and fine color, in twenty years will look like a blue birthmark. The lines will triple in thickness, the colors will fade. Don't believe me? go to the Legion, or talk to some senior NCO's with tat's and ask to see them. They will be able to explain them, but YOU will not see anywhere near the detail that originally went into them.

Yup, I have to explain what mine is as the writing is just a mumble now.....

the fact that you came on to a website filled with complete strangers asking them to tell you what you should have permanently placed on your body, tells me that you have absolutely no business getting a tattoo at this point in your life.

Forget the whole idea.

I regret not bringing my digital camera to the war museum in Ottawa because I am having a hell of a time looking for WW1 and WW2 recruiting posters. Google/Yahoo has all the same ones over and over again. Anyone got a site where there are a decent number of WW1 and WW2 posters?

I haven't had those ink issues yet, with even my oldest tat (going on 14 years now) only thing it has done is get bigger, but that is because the area it was put on expanded too.

Just wait til I am 80....lol....it will be the talk of the nursing home  ;D

Ive always considered getting a tat of Cape Breton Island (like this, but in green and without any of the stuff on it)
http://www.bbexpo.ca/NS/showprovregions.asp?region=76&prv=NS

If you are going to get any tats with writing on them, ensure the artist draws it out first and that you see it on the transfer paper, i.e.  no freehand.  When I was in Germany, a friend went to get a leaf done with a caption to read 100% Canadian Bacon. It was to be done on his a$$.  Well, he had to spell it out to the artist (a German, naturally) and when done, he drew a box around it.  Not knowing that the box was not part of the pic, the artist tattooed the box first, and the text ended up being too small to fit in the box.  It looked something like this"

Although I'm not a tat guy, I remember seeing one that was patriotic and kicked ass. You know that little lion that's the symbol of the Governor General's office, the one with the tongue sticking out and a Maple Leaf in its paw? It's classy, patriotic, and just damn cool.

Jake said:
Thanks for the great ideas guys! I've actually been considering a tattoo for about 5 years, trying to think of one that I'll still like and will still look good in 50 years. I'm being very picky as to what my tat will be, I'm not getting one just because I think I need one.  :) By the way this will be my first tattoo.

We're not going to let this run til you come up with an idea or decide to finally get your tattoo. Decide what you want yourself. Remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one, some just stink more than others. Good luck, choose wisely and have a ball. This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back