• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need ideas for a Canada tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been planning to get a tattoo to show the pride I have in being Canadian, but I'm less than creative when it comes to this kind of thing. The tattoo will be on my upper right arm. I would obviously like to incorporate the flag in some way but that is as far as I've gotten. Do you guys/girls have any ideas as to what I can include in it? I've asked friends and family but for the most part they got about as far as I did, so any input you could give me would be helpful.  :)  :cdn:

You kidding?

Go witht he ever cool and popular tats

VT-122.jpg

dileas

tess

Most of the men on my mom's side have just plain canadian flags on their upper arms. My brother has a maple leaf with some tribal line thing around it if you're looking for something more creative. Personally I like the plain one, but once I get home will post pics.

My cousin also has an interesting one on his calf, a roots style maple leaf with "Made in Canada" in an arc across it.

Some ideas.

My favorite tat on a bloke back home has the Australian flag over the top of the Union Jack. Over the Australian flag is says "Made in Australia" and under the union jack "Product of Britain".
Why not something along those lines, except with your province flag instead of the Union Jack and the Canadian Flag in place of the Australian flag?
Chicks would DIG  ;) and you could be filled with all that patriotic pride that tattoo's bring out.
If you really want to be patriotic though why not join a political party or do something that will benefit Canada a tiny bit more then a whole bunch of ink in your arm will do?
No offence, i just dont like Tat's.

I've thought about getting the coat of arms for my home province (Alberta, seen as my avatar).  It's something different than the usualy flag, but still looks good and has an element of patriotism to it.

To me, there is something strange about asking someone else for suggestions on a design that will remain on you forever (or until you are so tired of it that you'll be ready to pay muchos $$$ to have it removed). I realize you feel like proving your patriotism, but I agree with Hale when he said that a tattoo in itself won't benefit Canada in any concrete way. To me, the intelligent process is to a) find a design that you love so very much for its meaning, AND THEN b) decide to get it tattooed because of what it represents to you - not the contrary. As it is, you give me the feeling that you are desperately looking for something to get inked on yourself. A choice made in that state of mind may end up being a choice you will regret. Maybe this reasoning is overly simple, but I see so many people with flashes on them, it's unbelievable... and to me, getting a flash is simply getting a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo.

...and yes Para, Bruce the tattoo hater will stay out of this one. :-*

couchcommander said:
Most of the men on my mom's side have just plain canadian flags on their upper arms. My brother has a maple leaf with some tribal line thing around it if you're looking for something more creative.

I asked a young lady what her lower back tattoo was and she quite snottily told me it was "duh a tribal symbol". So I asked her "Really? What tribe are you?" since I didn't realize from my own experience that little white girls with lower back art had tribes.

;D

Personally. I think the Army.ca logo looks pretty decent.  :D

If you have seen the movie Jarhead, then i got a good idea for you. Remember when there having the scorpion fight. The Cuban guy has a tattoo on his peck showing a Cuban flag crossed into a USA flag. Why not get one like that but with the Canadian flag, and your provincial flag. Or a Canadian flag crossed with the countries flag that represents your heritage.  But the best idea that i have is get the Canadian coat of arms.

my 2 cents.

Bahhhh everyone gets the same thing. Its just the same maple leaf peeled a thousand different ways. Now if you truly want it to be original and patriotic, look for symbolism. Just for example this will be MY tattoo just as soon as I can afford it. Just the beaver of course. Maybe for you, you'd like a:

1. geographical map of Canada with a the flag as the filler;
2. a helmet with the maple flag as the camouflage cover (think Full Metal Jacket DVD case)
3. a loonie or twonie combined with the flag
4. World War I and II poster pictures. Good ones are out there.

Nice beaver.

Expanding on someone else's idea, get a Canadian coin with the year you were born.  Just do a bit of research to make sure you find out what the coin looked lke when they were minted then.  Or improvise with a custom design.  It's your skin.

http://www.pcfleet.com/Coinclub/1998set.gif

I got a maple leaf with a muscular beaver portrayed over the maple leaf.  I had to get it custom done but its just another idea to show creativity.  Take symbols that have meaning and create something yourself.  Think about it!!!!  I spent at least 2-3 years thinking about each of mine.  Its there forever.

Thanks for the great ideas guys! I've actually been considering a tattoo for about 5 years, trying to think of one that I'll still like and will still look good in 50 years. I'm being very picky as to what my tat will be, I'm not getting one just because I think I need one.  :) By the way this will be my first tattoo.

Here's one.

Take a maple leaf, and put wings out either side of it.  Then, add an inflated parachute above it.  Now, to make it even cooler, make the maple leaf white.  Here now, where did all these fists come from?

Or get a utility tat.  Blood type, mother's birthday, or a picture of yourself on your forearm so you don't need a mirror when you shave in the morning.

Hi
Red Maple leaf with guns on either sides, below, I AM CANADIAN.

Cheers
snowy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back