• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New accommodations facility at CFB Esquimalt and plan to build more homes on military bases

Whenever in the past I have been involved with rail or airport projects there was no local inspection authority. The same was true with the one build for DND. There is still usually a project management team and engineer approval. No ones building things without plans. The problem with working for the govt is opening it up to more bidders. Most smaller companies just dont get involved in the process. Less competition = more costs

. The problem with working for the govt is opening it up to more bidders. Most smaller companies just dont get involved in the process. Less competition = more costs
That pesky supply and demand curveā€¦

Which is one reason I think base/installation local contracting would be the best bet.

Whenever in the past I have been involved with rail or airport projects there was no local inspection authority. The same was true with the one build for DND. There is still usually a project management team and engineer approval. No ones building things without plans. The problem with working for the govt is opening it up to more bidders. Most smaller companies just dont get involved in the process. Less competition = more costs
Aerodromes and hangars remain specifically under the umbrella of Nav Canada. Local municipalities have zero jurisdiction. I'm making an assumption that rail might fall under the same.

Back