• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Air Force epaulets

SupersonicMax said:
As per the Geneva Convention, you have to give your captor your Rank and Service ID (giving away your nationality) when requested.  Sanitizing epaulets doesn't do anything for you.

Geneva convention applies certain rules depending on your status once captured as per the theatre specific SPINS and EPA (PW vs hostage vs other...).
Your status also dictates what information you divulge and what types of questions you answer.

Regardless....latest iterations of ASERE had everyone sanitize clothing, including cutting off sewn-on ranks and Canadian flags.

Make of that what you wish.

Anyone who has to 'cut off their flag' wasn't adhereing to the Div Dress Orders!!  :clubinhand:  Velcro is a must!!!!  :tsktsk: 

I'd say Geneva Convention 'always' applies.  I'm not aware of a time I can say "ya screw that stuff"!  The enemy is not bound to it but as a  :cdn: I am.  Always.

It's always *BIG 7* which includes all the info on your slip-on anyways.  :subbies:

So, I just saw pictures of the new demo F18, and the demo pilot looks like he's wearing a prototype slip on. Green with the new style stripes it looks like. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Attachments

• 12901377_989004794525834_3372601040031578146_o.jpg
    12901377_989004794525834_3372601040031578146_o.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 808
These?

fa2014-0031m-lower-res.jpg

Togakure said:
So, I just saw pictures of the new demo F18, and the demo pilot looks like he's wearing a prototype slip on. Green with the new style stripes it looks like. Has anyone heard anything about this?

1270d1342212753-beethoven-all-hello1.jpg

The "new" slip-ons where announced in Dec 2014....so not that new....

Yes, those were announced before, but for DEU. They hadn't announced it was going to the flight suits or combats, nor have I seen anyone in it.
And if it looks the way I think it does, those slip ons are green with the new stripes, which means it's not the same one that was announced in 2014 and that people wear on their dress shirts now.

Togakure said:
Yes, those were announced before, but for DEU. They hadn't announced it was going to the flight suits or combats, nor have I seen anyone in it.
And if it looks the way I think it does, those slip ons are green with the new stripes, which means it's not the same one that was announced in 2014 and that people wear on their dress shirts now.

Perhaps that's just for the demo pilot?  He also has full-colour wings and patches.

Dimsum said:
Perhaps that's just for the demo pilot?  He also has full-colour wings and patches.

Did somebody say color patches?  This alone ought to drive Chiefs nuts! :tempertantrum:

Even if it is just for the demo pilot, some numpty in a high place is bound to like it, more stupidity will spread, and more money will be wasted to satisfy somebody's starving ego.

Loachman said:
Even if it is just for the demo pilot, some numpty in a high place is bound to like it, more stupidity will spread, and more money will be wasted to satisfy somebody's starving ego.

I think/hope that the focus will shift to the right things, with our newest RCAF Comd.  I hope mess kits and jackets are not on his agenda...

These may be the new RCAF slip ons we were told about few months ago. Yes it's a matter of time before every RCAF members get issue a pair. Also ref the color patches, 1 CAD orders allows 50% color 50% green. So expect to see more color patches as well in the near futur. 

I didn't hear about these yet, but...I'm not surprised.  More than a few people thought it was only a matter of time before the operational clothing slip ons were made to match the DEU ones.  I agree it is a waste of money too.

What I DO wish they would have done;  wait until you have ALL the bits and pieces.  Rank slip ons, cap badges, Wings and trade badges.  THEN issue the order to change.  Right now its a Frenchy's looking change over, part 'pearl grey', part old gold... ::)

Pretty soon, the Wing tailor will be driving the nicest car on base, what with all the work they are getting the past few years.  ;D

Eagle Eye View said:
Yes it's a matter of time before every RCAF members get issue a pair.
I wish all of our leadership -- Army, Navy, and Air Force -- who outrank these mindless 'fashion faeries' would get "issued a pair." 

Then maybe someone  in NDHQ would say "f*ck off, enough is enough."

Togakure said:

Personally, looking at that picture, my main concern is: "Are all the CF-188 going to be painted in this "new" "Hi-vis" camouflage paint scheme?  :dunno:

Seems little too bright for combat  ;D

The RCAF isn't in the business of 'Combat' anymore.  We do airshows, drop parka's and airlift puppies.  ;)

Sunny ways!!!

Eye In The Sky said:
I didn't hear about these yet, but...I'm not surprised.  More than a few people thought it was only a matter of time before the operational clothing slip ons were made to match the DEU ones.  I agree it is a waste of money too.

What I DO wish they would have done;  wait until you have ALL the bits and pieces.  Rank slip ons, cap badges, Wings and trade badges.  THEN issue the order to change.  Right now its a Frenchy's looking change over, part 'pearl grey', part old gold... ::)

Pretty soon, the Wing tailor will be driving the nicest car on base, what with all the work they are getting the past few years.  ;D

I know this sounds silly considering the high-vis Army and (possibly) high-vis AF slip-ons, but aren't those supposed to be subdued to, you know, not stand out in the field?

Dimsum said:
I know this sounds silly considering the high-vis Army and (possibly) high-vis AF slip-ons, but aren't those supposed to be subdued to, you know, not stand out in the field?

The army has the ability to change their high-vis stuff to subdued in the field.  Not so easy when your rank slip-ons are sewn on to everything.  :nod:

Eye In The Sky said:
The army has the ability to change their high-vis stuff to subdued in the field.  Not so easy when your rank slip-ons are sewn on to everything.  :nod:

This just occurred to me (as I was passing by an RAF Sqn Ldr student at the school a few mins ago) - this is part of the Re-Royalization bit, isn't it?  The RAF (and RAAF/RNZAF) have high-vis rank bars on their flying suits, so we must as well!

Back