• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Airforce boot?

CallOfDuty

Inactive
Reaction score
  Has anyone heard about new boots for the airforce?  I heard they will be out soon, and will be tan in colour.  Does this mean we will get to hand in all our black boots?
Cheers!

I was going to say that it sounds very suspicious, until I looked up the CEMS website.  Apparently there's a "Desert Combat Boot (DCB)".  Who'd have imagined?

I only have the CWWB and the Temperate boot.  Perhaps the other ones are coming online?

In any event, the DCB won't be replacing anything, and I strongly suspect you'll still be wearing the black boots (in various flavours) while within Canada.

Aircrew were issued the ECWWB last year - they are sitting in a box in my office.  The DCB will most likely only be issued to those who need them - and you'll only be able to wear them when you are wearing AR LWCC.

So don't hand in your black goretex boots just yet.  If you are still wearing black mark III leather boots - you should get a new pair as they are no longer on AF scale of issue.

Zoomie said:
Aircrew were issued the ECWWB last year - they are sitting in a box in my office.  The DCB will most likely only be issued to those who need them - and you'll only be able to wear them when you are wearing AR LWCC.

So don't hand in your black goretex boots just yet.  If you are still wearing black mark III leather boots - you should get a new pair as they are no longer on AF scale of issue.

Are these the (for lack of a better description), the Army combat boots?  I ask because I'm pretty certain that I've read elsewhere on the site that AF personnel who are doing ruck marches (either the BFT or for other reasons) are entitled to the Army boots.  Reason being (and I can understand it after wearing the CWWB and TCB for long-ish marches) is that the AF boots were not made for field use, and you'll destroy your feet with them.  I seem to recall a few people here on the site saying that they had major feet problems after doing field work in the AF boots.  I'll take a look and see what I can find on the site - I'm pretty sure ArmyVern was providing some info on the subject.

Ha!  Found it!  I scare myself sometimes.

See reply 6 through 11 at http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/79680.0/all.html.

The boot terminology between AF and Army really has me (and obviously others as well) confused sometimes, so it's nice to see people like ArmyVern laying it out in plain language.  While she mentions "deploying overseas into a position directly supporting Land Force Operations", I would be curious to see if AF personnel who are posted or otherwise employed in domestic positions where they have to do BFTs or rucking are eligible for the "boots made for rucking" - whatever they're called these days.  ;D

I sure as hell wouldn't want to do a BFT in the AF TCB or CWWB.

Back