• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New brown Mk IVs coming?

Maxman1

Reaction score
Seems Royer was just awarded a contract for 40,000 pairs boots, which look an awful lot like the old Mark IV in brown with the sole from the zipper boot.

resize

Seems Royer was just awarded a contract for 40,000 pairs boots, which look an awful lot like the old Mark IV in brown with the sole from the zipper boot.

resize

Bill Murray nailed it....

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

That doesn't look like much of an improvement. Given the choice, most troops probably won't wear them. One of my issued pairs is still an Mk III, I think that I will hold on to them.

That doesn't look like much of an improvement. Given the choice, most troops probably won't wear them. One of my issued pairs is still an Mk III, I think that I will hold on to them.
...and they won't need to, because BOOTFORGEN is still in effect. The FB blurb explains it a bit better but it's essentially for recruits.

Gotta hope they learned something after making those awful zippered boots. Seriously why give this company a second chance? Other then botes in an election year....for 5 jobs

Gotta hope they learned something after making those awful zippered boots. Seriously why give this company a second chance? Other then botes in an election year....for 5 jobs
Legally they can't exclude a company from bidding. Looking at the RFP that was posted on Buy and Sell: https://buyandsell.gc.ca/cds/public...dd5d/ABES.PROD.PW__PR.B760.E77166.EBSU000.PDF The contract was based on just a technical evaluation and then lowest priced compliant bid. There does not seem to be any user-based trial, which I think is essential for clothing.

TECHNICAL EVALUATION METHOD. Context. A Contract is to be awarded to the lowest priced compliant bid. The Technical Evaluation methodology detailed below will be used to determine all the technically compliant bids

All military kit in my opinion needs user trials, give the boots to a couple people and go ruck 50km over a couple weeks

All military kit in my opinion needs user trials, give the boots to a couple people and go ruck 50km over a couple weeks

I'm gonna blow your mind. Army clothing contracting, procurement and LCMM is mostly run by REME Officers.

I'm gonna blow your mind. Army clothing contracting, procurement and LCMM is mostly run by REME Officers.
No. It is primarily Canadian officers in DGLEPM, not British. Regardless, the requirements staff (who should be coordinating trials) are in the Army Staff and they represent a cross section of all branches and regiments.

I guess people have been seeing all sorts of misinformation on social media as they put out this tweet:

I'll admit that I had that thought for a little while because the original articles and social media posts didn't mention the part about recruits. They corrected it, but people were already up in (virtual) arms thinking it was going to replace BOOTFORGEN.

Then again, some of those posts seemed so salty that the recruit disclaimer could have been in flashing neon signs and they'd still say "muh BFG".

I don't think that is necessarily true at all. ADM(Mat) has a large conglomerate of RCEME but they are generally shoehorned into DGLEPM which is concerned with land equipment. If you are referring to Director Land Procurement within DGLEPM it is mostly civilian employees with RCEME (and others) mixed in.

DLR (which is under CA COS Strat) where much of the CA's clothing and equipment needs are conceptualized, trialed and brought forth for procurement by ADM(Mat) (DGLEPM/DLP) through PSPC is a mixed bag but by no means primarily RCEME

Also it is too early to tell if the hashtag that the CAF is using with this boot, #WellEquiped is accurate or not :)

No. It is primarily Canadian officers in DGLEPM, not British. Regardless, the requirements staff (who should be coordinating trials) are in the Army Staff and they represent a cross section of all branches and regiments.
I forgot the C. Mea culpa.

I don't think that is necessarily true at all. ADM(Mat) has a large conglomerate of RCEME but they are generally shoehorned into DGLEPM which is concerned with land equipment. If you are referring to Director Land Procurement within DGLEPM it is mostly civilian employees with RCEME (and others) mixed in.

DLR (which is under CA COS Strat) where much of the CA's clothing and equipment needs are conceptualized, trialed and brought forth for procurement by ADM(Mat) (DGLEPM/DLP) through PSPC is a mixed bag but by no means primarily RCEME
Apparently your info differs from a CPO2 who was posted out, recently, of the DLR world.

But as is becoming tradition for you and I, we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Back