• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New brown Mk IVs coming?

Tag meant to say "well, equipped"
Happy Clap GIF

That doesn't look like much of an improvement. Given the choice, most troops probably won't wear them. One of my issued pairs is still an Mk III, I think that I will hold on to them.

Don't know why they can't just make brown Mk. IIIs.

My guess is these are to be issued only to recruits for now.

Don't know why they can't just make brown Mk. IIIs.

My guess is these are to be issued only to recruits for now.
I think we have rose-coloured glasses about the Mk IIIs.

While some people did spend their careers on them (literally) and love them, there are others who still curse their name. I'm neither here nor there about them, personally.

While some people did spend their careers on them (literally) and love them, there are others who still curse their name. I'm neither here nor there about them, personally.
I actually found mk3 boots super comfy and ”fixed” the lack of waterproofness with gortex socks.

Sometimes, we can over complicate things.

I actually found mk3 boots super comfy and ”fixed” the lack of waterproofness with gortex socks.

Sometimes, we can over complicate things.
Especially when resoled with a nice Vibram sole. Well-fitted/broken-in uppers make them super comfortable and yet they last a long time.

My penultimate pair of Mk III were like slippers, but the uppers were torn and split, so once the soles were worn down like hockey pucks, I had to replace them.

There is that aspect but the beauty of the Mk III was the simplicity of the boot. If you got a pair that fit your feet after breaking them in they generally formed very well fitting almost like a glove but still allowing for an extra pair of socks here and there as needed. Newer boots with more fabrics and less leather don't act in the same manner, unless you go more high end and get ones that are more leather than fabric.

I like my Lowas and Rocky SV2s but they fit differently than my MkIIIs

Apparently your info differs from a CPO2 who was posted out, recently, of the DLR world.

But as is becoming tradition for you and I, we will have to agree to disagree.
I am not doubting that the CPO2 worked with RCEME folks, they just don't dominate DLR. I just looked at the REMAR and there is 1 official RCEME posn, likely there is more than one person there as that is just the REMAR, I don't have the access anymore to see who is actually posted to compare. Most REMAR posns for DLR are predominately Cbt Arms officers with a smattering of others.

That said, there are lots of RCEME folks that oversee CA equipment, I just disagree with your assertion that they are the major players in "Army clothing contracting, procurement and LCMM". LCMM yes as part of DGLEPM (even then most LCMMs are civvy but the EMT leads are RCEME)but not the other worlds, they are there but they don't run it.

The more salient point is that even if it isn't RCEME folks is the equipment that everyone is complaining about is for the most part is conceptualized and brought into service by operators from that service.

What a screwed up Army. Can't event sort out something as basic as boots. God help us with the replacement of the Tac Vest.

I was nearly crippled by a set that looked like this on CAP. And I don’t have soft feet. The inside heel cup came apart on the first rain it endured and I had plastic against wet skin.

I didn’t even know it was a thing that you had to worry about. I’d never had it on hundreds of miles of boot wear

What a screwed up Army. Can't event sort out something as basic as boots. God help us with the replacement of the Tac Vest.
We’ve all said that but realize it’s near impossible to buy footwear from outside Canada because…

Back