• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Canadian Shipbuilding Strategy

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date
Initial provisioning is the responsibility of the project, not of NP.

But on occasion projects manage to escape their responsibilities...
And yet, the RCN is getting butthurt because LCMMs are saying no to providing initial provisioning on AOPs 5 and 6 because they can't get both funding and procurement time to replace the items, so they need that for in service use. It's already been offloaded to AJISS.

edit: holy typos batman!

And yet, the RCN is getting butthurt because LCMMs are saying no to providing initial provisioning on AOPs 5 and 6 because they can't get both funding and procurement time to replace the items, so they need that for in service use. It's already been offloaded to AJISS.

edit: holy typos batman!

I wrote a BN to CRCN about this. Will see how far it gets. I don't expect it to do much but we have to swing the bat.

Side note, GO YANKEES!

I wrote a BN to CRCN about this. Will see how far it gets. I don't expect it to do much but we have to swing the bat.

Side note, GO YANKEES!
If it makes you feel less alone, have been raising this issue on the LCMM side since AOPS ship 2, and also pointed it out while at the NSS when looking at PMO JSS provisioning strategy. The shipyards don't care, they'll buy us whatever we want as long as they get their markup (which we pay AJISS as well, just means we'll get it sooner).

But given that it was discussed with PMOs when we drafted the AJISS RFP to not offload initial provisioning onto AJISS and happened anyway, not hopeful. At least PMO AOPs transferred a chunk of cash, just unfortunate it's probably only a fraction of the actual costs they'll absorb.

Feel free to drop me a PM or send an email on the DWAN if you need more ammo, have been picking at this one for almost a decade now.

Back