• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Canadian Shipbuilding Strategy

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date
I read this initially and thought "what are we the Russians now?" Russia uses large seagoing tugs/tenders because they don't have allies ports all over the place that they can use. Unlike Canada we can go just about anywhere and see a friendly face or at least one that is friendly when we pay them.

But my second thought was... Arctic. Long way to friendly ports. Sub tender/ sub rescue ship is not a bad idea, its worth a look and some research I suspect.

There's only so much you can do from ships, of course.

The elephant in the room remains the under-developed infrastructure in the Canadian Arctic...

Supplements the Fire school in Maple Ridge where I did my training.

Davie first Finland then the US whats next

Davie first Finland then the US whats next
Good news story. We need more multinational corps HQ'd in Canada. And the fact they are strategically placing themselves to create what is essentially a vertically integrated icebreaking organization is awesome. By expanding into the US the shipyard may be able to create specialized infrastructure between their various yards to build ships faster/cheaper. They are looking to be the go to experts on ice breakers and that's not a bad place to be.

Good news story. We need more multinational corps HQ'd in Canada. And the fact they are strategically placing themselves to create what is essentially a vertically integrated icebreaking organization is awesome. By expanding into the US the shipyard may be able to create specialized infrastructure between their various yards to build ships faster/cheaper. They are looking to be the go to experts on ice breakers and that's not a bad place to be.
Good for Davie and an interesting plan for Davie/Helsinki/Inocea but
theyre on the books for 7 icebreakers and Irving is doing 8 and Seaspan 16 plus Im not sure if the OOSV (edit PC6) and OFSV (edit PC7) have an ice class to them

PC-7 is a slush breaker. Not terrible, but not really meant for it. PC-6 is starting to be a real icebreaker. The AOP's are PC 5 hull and PC 4 bow.

Back