• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New (CBRN OP) Occupation and GEO Tech Questions!

ShredBrad,  you have a lot to learn about PERSEC.  If you want to post your own name on a public forum, well I wouldn't recommend it but go ahead.  But posting the names and work of other individuals publicly online is something you should remove unless those individuals are OK with it.

Take Skeletors advice especially if your wanting to go CBRN or any other SOF component. Last I checked you had to be trades qualified to apply. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Journeyman said:
If, in fact, there is a problem.  The CoC may be fully aware of what's happening within their school and see nothing requiring fixing, as we have merely the opinion of one person, whose military track record is.....well, in his own words, ":facepalm: "

Ordinarily, I would look at claims being made like this and not give them any thought past "that individual is whining because they were axed off a course". However, WRT less than stellar trg in this school, without getting into too many details, I can say with 100% certainty that substandard training in all Sqns has been identified and steps are currently being taken to address it. My point was that every single student, regardless of trade, qualification level or career status who goes to PRB for academic performance is quite literally asked if they "had any issues with the level of training or felt like they were not given enough training to prepare them for the PCs" and given the floor by the CI to state their issues. This is briefed prior to each and every one of them by OC Stds as well so there are no surprises or blank looks. If the student chose not to speak up when given the opportunity to address the issues, then the CoC cannot read minds.

And before anyone asks, the comment about the trg being known about was not due to a PRB incident, but rather another "should never have happened" gong show that happened recently. 

Glad to hear that those issues are being addressed - hard to keep up to trg stds and tech stds when most courses are being reviewed and changed almost continuously.

PanaEng said:
Glad to hear that those issues are being addressed - hard to keep up to trg stds and tech stds when most courses are being reviewed and changed almost continuously.

Believe it or not, that's a small part of the problem. There are a whole host of issues that have been plaguing this place for the last few years that are (hopefully) on track to being sorted. The biggest obstacle to proper fixes though isn't the near constant change in training plans (although that could be fixed easily enough if during the writing boards they sent the actual right people with the skills, experience and know-how instead of just whoever is just not tasked or always has the "good ideas"), it's the crazy pace we're trying to maintain which is preventing the proper AARs and time to fix the identified issues. There are some other issues, but I am not going to get into them on here as it won't be the slightest bit helpful in solving the issue  :)

Back