• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

The only item that would not also prohibit you from chewing gum in civilian clothes is this one:

1. Conduct. Personnel in uniform shall comport themselves in a manner which projects a positive military appearance.
You’d have a hard time convincing me that chewing gum projects a negative military appearance.
I’ve seen many whose gum chewing reminds me of a cow and her cud.

I noticed that wigs are permitted. That sounds like it could go very wrong. Wait for someone to permanently attach a wig to the inside of their headdress.

I noticed that wigs are permitted. That sounds like it could go very wrong. Wait for someone to permanently attach a wig to the inside of their headdress.

I'm not really sure why that would be considered going "very wrong". What's the problem here exactly?

The only item that would not also prohibit you from chewing gum in civilian clothes is this one:

1. Conduct. Personnel in uniform shall comport themselves in a manner which projects a positive military appearance.
You’d have a hard time convincing me that chewing gum projects a negative military appearance.
Funny, just yesterday I had to do chew someone out for chewing their gum in such a way. (badum-tss)

So I find you'd be easily convinced that it can, in fact, project a negative military appearance.

The part I've been wondering about lately is: If you decide to dye your hair a nice shade of purple during the week end, do you need a new ID card issued?

The part I've been wondering about lately is: If you decide to dye your hair a nice shade of purple during the week end, do you need a new ID card issued?
No, why would you?

Your face is still clearly recognizable even if you shave your head, or dye it purple.

I noticed that wigs are permitted. That sounds like it could go very wrong.
That actually solves a lot of problems for me to be able to have blue hair the first day (the main issue being a lack of hair). I might even be able to get it in a sparkle colour.

No, why would you?

Your face is still clearly recognizable even if you shave your head, or dye it purple.
I remember this was one of the reasons that senior people would oppose beards, because they believed that you had to get a new ID card if you grew a beard.

Funny, just yesterday I had to do chew someone out for chewing their gum in such a way. (badum-tss)

So I find you'd be easily convinced that it can, in fact, project a negative military appearance.
Chewing gum on its own isn’t necessarily projecting a negative military appearance. The lack basic respect, courtesy and « savoir-vivre » is the issue, not the gum.

This has amounted to an old RSM's tale. The NDI 20 does not specify hair color on it. Temp IDs do, however, it's of very little importance.

The NDSODs are pretty clear that so long as someone reasonably can be personally identified by facial or identifying features you're golden.

If SSM McFuckface doesn't know what their troops look like because their hair is a different shade, we have bigger problems.

This has amounted to an old RSM's tale. The NDI 20 does not specify hair color on it. Temp IDs do, however, it's of very little importance.

The NDSODs are pretty clear that so long as someone reasonably can be personally identified by facial or identifying features you're golden.

If SSM McFuckface doesn't know what their troops look like because their hair is a different shade, we have bigger problems.

The "You'll need a new ID card" is one of the classic "I want to make life difficult by process" moves bosses pull. It's up there with "Write a memo/BN/minute sheet"... Knowing full well that Jr. pers are usually intimidated by the process, so they'll back down.

The "You'll need a new ID card" is one of the classic "I want to make life difficult by process" moves bosses pull. It's up there with "Write a memo/BN/minute sheet"... Knowing full well that Jr. pers are usually intimidated by the process, so they'll back down.

Oh boy. Maybe I'm not cynical enough. I had just assumed people spouting off stuff like that were just grossly incompetent. Didn't even consider the idea that they were actively being malicious.

And people wonder why we have a retention problem.

Back