• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs šŸ¤£

Oh, don't worry...I'd slam all the PAOs too.
Might want to talk to the numerous official CAF TikTok accounts managed by ADM(PA).

Guy did something stupid, but in the process, that's 2 and a half million free advertising views for the CAF....

I got yelled at once that I can remember. CO of ALG OP Apollo. I was OOW and myself my second and the ORO were all grouped around the chart table discussing something I cannot remember. There was nobody (except for the lookouts) with eyes forward. To me it felt like seconds we were around the table, to Paulson it was likely seconds too long as he slammed his fist on the table and yelled "OOW keep your goddamn head forward!" We were in open ocean but the message was clear, safety of the ship and her company. Never forgot and the matter was closed. I also noticed that he used my position and not my name, so it wasn't personal. Which it could sometimes with him if you fubard more than once.
Remember we had a MISSILEX off of San Diego just prior to Apollo? I remember being in the wardroom for the entry force protection brief (and if I was there, so were you). Anyway, the LCdr giving the brief missed some major points. Gary wasnā€™t happy about it and made some fairly pointed observations before nixing the brief. Point being, heā€˜d been deployed in the GOO twice before and new his stuff. It was a shot across the bows as if to say ā€œthis is for real, kidsā€.

But they can still charge him because the offence occurred during his service.
Only if the service infraction had occurred within 6 months: QR&O: Volume II - Chapter 121 Referral of Charges and Post-Charge Procedure - Canada.ca

121.05 ā€“ LIMITATION PERIOD​

Section 163.4 of the National Defence Act provides:

ā€œ163.4 A summary hearing in respect of a charge alleging the commission of a service infraction may not be conducted unless it commences within six months after the day on which the service infraction is alleged to have been committed.ā€

Remember we had a MISSILEX off of San Diego just prior to Apollo? I remember being in the wardroom for the entry force protection brief (and if I was there, so were you). Anyway, the LCdr giving the brief missed some major points. Gary wasnā€™t happy about it and made some fairly pointed observations before nixing the brief. Point being, heā€˜d been deployed in the GOO twice before and new his stuff. It was a shot across the bows as if to say ā€œthis is for real, kidsā€.
I remember that one. Yep it was Barnyard who was giving the brief.
Then there was a departure brief that the buffer and I gave that was IAW the seamanship manual. We got half way through and Gary stops it and said ā€œWTF?ā€ When I said ST told us to this way and not the way weā€™ve done before, he glared at CST(P) and said ā€œnot any more!ā€

Only if the service infraction had occurred within 6 months: QR&O: Volume II - Chapter 121 Referral of Charges and Post-Charge Procedure - Canada.ca

121.05 ā€“ LIMITATION PERIOD​

Section 163.4 of the National Defence Act provides:

ā€œ163.4 A summary hearing in respect of a charge alleging the commission of a service infraction may not be conducted unless it commences within six months after the day on which the service infraction is alleged to have been committed.ā€

Infraction? Iā€™d go offences for that little video. Great evidence to boot.

Infraction? Iā€™d go offences for that little video. Great evidence to boot.
Or, we could just say "haha, good one, nice final fuck you to the army. Thanks for your service and enjoy the rest of your life". All the egregious bullshit we've seen from the adult supervision over the past few years and THIS is what gets the hounds baying?

Or, we could just say "haha, good one, nice final fuck you to the army. Thanks for your service and enjoy the rest of your life". All the egregious bullshit we've seen from the adult supervision over the past few years and THIS is what gets the hounds baying?

Yup. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. But, the current, weak-spined CAF will probably do thisā€¦

The Office Oops GIF

Couldn't agree more @Kat Stevens

As my father used to say, "LIG Pal!"

Static-line dropped a few folks of notably higher rank than this solider and there was a flask with some whisky and less whisky when they went up for the next drop. Though it wouldnā€™t surprise me if they did exactly the opposite of what @Kat Stevens suggestsā€¦because: ā€˜prioritiesā€™

Static-line dropped a few folks of notably higher rank than this solider and there was a flask with some whisky and less whisky when they went up for the next drop. Though it wouldnā€™t surprise me if they did exactly the opposite of what @Kat Stevens suggestsā€¦because: ā€˜prioritiesā€™

I bet they didnā€™t video it and post it. Way back in my early days in the mob, one of my Jnr NCOs educated me on the ā€œbe smart about being stupidā€ rule.

I bet they didnā€™t video it and post it. Way back in my early days in the mob, one of my Jnr NCOs educated me on the ā€œbe smart about being stupidā€ rule.
No, they didnā€™t, but they were exercising privilege for sure. I think young trooperā€™s vid was definitely an F Uā€¦

ps. When the flask bubba came up for the second jump, I told him it was the last one heā€™d be doing jumping from my helo. He tried for a microsecond to half-stripe me, which got him a silent 30-sec long ā€œya gonna go there?ā€ look. He must have had a good think about it, because he didnā€™t join in for subsequent jumps. I would have had no issue having a chat with my CO and I know he wouldnā€™t have been shy to have a 1:1 with the Bde Comd if dude had gone off on me.

No, they didnā€™t, but they were exercising privilege for sure. I think young trooperā€™s vid was definitely an F Uā€¦

ps. When the flask bubba came up for the second jump, I told him it was the last one heā€™d be doing jumping from my helo. He tried for a microsecond to half-stripe me, which got him a silent 30-sec long ā€œya gonna go there?ā€ look. He must have had a good think about it, because he didnā€™t join in for subsequent jumps. I would have had no issue having a chat with my CO and I know he wouldnā€™t have been shy to have a 1:1 with the Bde Comd if dude had gone off on me.
It would have went badly for the dude if he went all ā€œrock, paper, aircraft captainā€ with youā€¦

It would have went badly for the dude if he went all ā€œrock, paper, aircraft captainā€ with youā€¦
Would definitely have screwed himself with the B-GA-100/FP-001 signed by, you knowā€¦the MND.

Back