• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

paws

Inactive
Reaction score
If you were posted betwen 1 Apr 11 and 31 Mar 12 this CANFORGEM may interest you.

CANFORGEN 011/13 CMP 008/13 251938Z JAN 13
RETROACTIVE ADJUSTMENT OF POSTING ALLOWANCE (RAPA)
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: CANFORGEN 062/12 CMP 029/12 301516Z MAR 12

A PAY RAISE WAS APPROVED FOR CF MEMBERS AT REF RESULTING IN A RETROACTIVE ADJUSTMENT OF POSTING ALLOWANCE (RAPA) FOR MEMBERS WITH CHANGE OF STRENGTH (COS) DATES BETWEEN 1 APR 11 AND 31 MAR 12

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS TO CLARIFY THE RAPA PROCESS FOR ALL AFFECTED PERSONNEL

CF PERS WHO WERE RELOCATED BY BROOKFIELD GLOBAL RELOCATION SERVICES (BGRS) WITH COS DATES BETWEEN 1 APR 11 AND 31 MAR 12 MAY BE ENTITLED TO RAPA. MEMBERS WHOSE RELOCATION FILE WAS COMPLETED WILL BE CONTACTED BY BGRS VIA EMAIL TO REGISTER ON THE BGRS SECURE WEBSITE TO CONFIRM THEIR MAILING ADDRESS AND BANKING INFORMATION. CF PERS MUST REGISTER NO LATER THAN TEN DAYS AFTER RECEIPT OF THE EMAIL. IN THE EVENT THAT ACCESS TO THE DWAN IS UNAVAILABLE OWING TO FIREWALL CONSTRAINTS, PERSONNEL WHO NEED TO REGISTER ARE TO CONTACT BGRS VIA EMAIL AT: RETRO.PAY(AT SIGN) BROOKFIELDGRS.CA AND PROVIDE THEIR CONTACT INFO, AND BGRS WILL CONTACT THEM. ALTERNATIVELY, CF PERS WHO ARE UNABLE TO REGISTER ONLINE CAN CALL BGRS AT THE FOLLOWING COORDINATES: 902-481-3301 EXT 176 OR 177 FOR SERVICE IN ENGLISH, OR 902-481-3301 EXT 300 OR 301 FOR SERVICE IN FRENCH

RELOCATION FILES OF CF PERS THAT ARE STILL ACTIVE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED BY BGRS. MEMBERS CAN VERIFY BY CHECKING THEIR FINANCIAL WORKSHEET FOR THE ADJUSTMENT

APPLICATIONS FOR RAPA WILL BE PROCESSED CENTRALLY BY BGRS. ACCORDINGLY, PLEASE DIRECT ANY COMMENTS OR CONCERNS TO THE NUMBERS PROVIDED ABOVE AND NOT TO YOUR LOCAL BGRS OFFICE, IRP COORDINATOR, PAY OFFICE OR ORDERLY ROOM

ONCE A MEMBER HAS REGISTERED ONLINE, ENTITLEMENTS WILL BE REVERIFIED AND PAYMENTS MADE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, GIVEN THAT THE ANTICIPATED VOLUME EXCEEDS ELEVEN THOUSAND APPLICANTS, DELAYS MAY OCCUR IN SOME CASES. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. DEDUCTIONS AT SOURCE WILL BE WITHHELD ON CASH PAYOUTS

AS THE RAPA IS A TAXABLE BENEFIT, A T4 WILL BE ISSUED FOR ALL PAYMENTS, AND A RELEVE 1 WHERE APPLICABLE

SIGNED BY RADM SMITH, CMP

Hello,

I'm not a CAF member yet, but hope to find some clarification on a few questions about family relocation.

My family (wife and three children) are living in Montreal where I have started a new job from June 2016. Before that we lived in Ontario. We are renting in Montreal and still owns our house in Ontario along with most of our household goods. We did not sell Ontario home because we will return to Ontario after couple years.

My CAF application has been transfered to Montreal from Barrie, Ontario. If i get a job offer ans enlisted at Montreal, my family might stay in Montreal until the first CAF paid move. will CAF pay for the move from Toronto to the first posting? We have very little House good in Montreal, but a lot more in Ontario.

Should my family move back to Ontario home once I'm enlisted? My goal is for CAF to cover the cost related to sell our home in Ontario, because Ontario is where our permanent home is.

Any information is appropriated!

Good day,

The Moving Policy as far as i have ever known is what they call a "door to door" move.  So they will send the moving truck to ONE location to pick up your furniture and effects (F&E) and move them to a new location (your first posting).  So if your property is split between two locations, you should move your stuff to the "One Location" or be prepared to move things from the second location on your own dime. 

I've only done 3 moves in the last 8 years and that has been the policy for all of my moves. 

Be warned, these guys who plan the moves, are not big on "exceptions" so don't plan on it.  They follow the policy and that's that!

Good luck with the enrollment and Basic Training

If I get enlisted at Montreal, and my family will likely move back to Ontario during my training to be close with family friends, so the separation will be less stressful for my wife. In this case, there is nothing in Montreal to be moved. How will CAF handle this case?

I suspect the highlighted clause will come into play:

11.1.02 Move of (D)HG&E

When CF members become entitled to move their (D)HG&E they may move from:

• the location of LTS;
  • the residence that was occupied by CF members and/or their dependants prior to enrolment; or
  • any location, however, reimbursement shall be limited to the cost that would have been incurred had the CF members HG&E been relocated from their place of enrolment.

Relocation of HG&E will be from one location only.

The real issue the OP is going to have is that while he can have his stuff moved from anywhere, the benefits for selling his house in Ontario will come into question. The rules are pretty specific about what constitutes a primary residence. It normally means where your dependants are residing on enrolment, (or in the case of follow on postings, from the place the CAF last provided a paid move). If the OP has his residence in Ontario rented out, then unless his family moves back into the home, and he gets his paperwork to note that is his primary residence, they may be out of luck.

I agree with the above. I think the safest thing would be to move your family back to Barrie and have your primary residence declared as such. The out of pocket costs to move yourself, will be substantially less than you will lose by not moving back.

Thank you all for all the great info. I agree the safest bet is to move back to Ontario.

myhusky said:
Thank you all for all the great info. I agree the safest bet is to move back to Ontario.
Don't forget the second part, you will find the CAF is very paperwork oriented. Make sure they are aware your primary residence is Barrie, ON and that Montreal is only temporary for work.

myhusky said:
My goal is for CAF to cover the cost related to sell our home in Ontario, because Ontario is where our permanent home is.

See also,

OP: myhusky
How late in application process can file still be transferred?
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/124882/post-1470123.html#msg1470123
Is it ok if I move back to Ontario after accept job offer but before sware in?

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Hello, sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum.

I would like to know if there is any help from the CF after BMQ to sell my house? I mean movers / days off to move the family / etc ?

Thanks

Once you are approved, yes. 

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/toc-byyear.page

Usually, we get 5 days relocation leave on either end of the move, not counted against your Annual Leave for the year.

Thanks for your reply.

That also works when you are sent to Borden for training? I was told earlier that you needed to be fully trained (QL5) in order to get those benefits.

fullmetalpacket said:
Thanks for your reply.

That also works when you are sent to Borden for training? I was told earlier that you needed to be fully trained (QL5) in order to get those benefits.

Usually, you will be posted with full posting benefits after your initial occupation training is complete and you are posted to your first unit.  It doesn't necessarily mean QL5 and it trade dependent.  What trade are you hoping to join as?

Some trades, you can also be approved for a move of family and effects while completing your training;  it depends on how long the training is.  I had a friend who went to CFSATE Borden (AVN Tech) and one who went ATIS Tech (Kingston) who were both approved cost moves of their families and effect (commonly referred to as D HG & E...Dependants, Household Goods and Effects) to their training locations because of the length of training, who then also were moved at public expense after becoming qualified in their occupation (QL3 for both) and posted to their first unit.

I will "re-join" as AVS Tech. I started BMQ last summer but had to leave on week 5 because of wife pregnancy going bad... Now that everything is fine with the baby the CF are allowing me to re-join without waiting the 1 year period. Really happy about that.

AVS Tech training is theoretically 6 months POET in Kingston followed by 12 months CFSATE. I would need to sell my house and move kids and wife to Borden or Kingston after BMQ.

Thanks for your time and help.

fullmetalpacket said:
I will "re-join" as AVS Tech. I started BMQ last summer but had to leave on week 5 because of wife pregnancy going bad... Now that everything is fine with the baby the CF are allowing me to re-join without waiting the 1 year period. Really happy about that.

AVS Tech training is theoretically 6 months POET in Kingston followed by 12 months CFSATE. I would need to sell my house and move kids and wife to Borden or Kingston after BMQ.

Thanks for your time and help.

Well, good luck and hopefully you'll find yourself in Borden sooner than later.  Once you get to CFSATE, I am sure they'll fill you in on what you can/can't do regarding moving your family there with you.  Worst case scenario, you get to move them after your POET/Common Core/QL3 trg when you get posted to  your first unit.

Clarification on moves: There are 3 types of moves within the CAF.
(1) DND (New Recruit) move: This move type is handled by the military (not Brookfield), any clarifications should be channeled through the respective CFRC to the CFRG HQ Movements Sergeant.
(2) DND Move: This move type is handled by the members orderly room (still not Brookfield), any clarifications on benefits should be sent to the applicable HRA/FSA handling your move through the Base Superintendent HRA/FSA to DCBA.
(3) Brookfield Move: This move type is for those that have reached Occupational Function Point (OFP), any clarifications on benefits are clarified directly by Brookfield.

Normally moves that fall under (1) and (2) are prohibited so there isn't much to handle.

OFP = Operational Function Point actually.  ;D

I haven't read thru the IRP stuff in 4ish years, it used to state when the mbr reached "Career Status", which for NCMs was 3 years or QL3 qualified (IIRC), whichever came first.  Not sure if it still goes off that definition.

Even when I was the Movements Sergeant at CFRG HQ I always put occupational by mistake... one of these days I'll stop doing that...

(PS It actually stands for "Operationally Functional Point") :-D

Back