• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Light Infantry Batallion Orbat

Steel Badger

Inactive
Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone has comments on the new Light Inf Bn Orbat........

It seems to fill the bill required but one difference I have noted from the orbat outlined in the LFCA Light Inf COY COmmander's aide memiore from some years back is the scaled down vehicle holdings...

(One ML and trailer and one LUVW vice the latters 1 rover, 2 LSVW and 1 ML)

I think that with the sheer amount of assets being dedicated to the PL Wpns Dets (Sections) and the Support Platoon, not to mention the observation devices for the OBS DET......that another cargo veh would be required....

Especially as the Support sections and the Sup Pl work on the tool box principle....draw it as you need it.......

I would add a Pl Storeman and driver plus store veh (the tool bin truck) to the orbat....

SB

Ok, so last week was first time I heard about this coy support weapon platoon thing.
What is it exactly and how will it be organized?

Can someone post the ORBAT (for those of us without regular DIN access)

At work right now, but I will post it as soon as I get home......

Its a powerpoint thingy and I dont know if it will display properly......I'll give it a shot.....

TO RHF: the Support platoon isnt labelled as an independant org on the PPT, it is shown under COY HQ

Basically a Pl COmd, Pl 2IC and Sig

8 man Direct fire sect ( 4 GPMG w/ SF Kit, 1 * 84, 1 * ALAWS)

12 Man Indirect fire section ( 4* 60mm w/ plate etc, 4* CASW)....with a C9 on str in the sect for local protection.....

4 man obs det....w/ 1 * m203 and 1 * C9

Wpns used on "tool box pricple" used as required.......

For the reg force units I doubt pers or kit will be a prob; but after taking stock of my units support wpn options, I think I'll have to raid  the museum...  ::)

Dir Fire Section: 2 *C6, 1 SF Kit, A bren gun, a maxim gun and a PIAT plus that natty looking 50 cal hand cranked gatling I saw in "Boys Big book of Guns"

I'm currently in a Light Battalion and I haven't heard about any of this. Where are your sources located? If you can't find the link, post the details and author so we can confirm. Since most of this seems to be conjecture at the moment. The old Lt Inf Coy Comd aide memoire is a little out of date as recent events have shown. Hence the Light Forces Working Groups efforts to update our TTP's.

Just save the powerpoint presentation as a .jpg.  You can do this when you save the file - goto "save file as".

I think I've seen this Powerpoint file - interesting stuff but just working ideas for now, isn't it?

Apart from my appalling spelling of Battalion......I can only say that the orbat eminates from the Inf School and was sent to me via our RSS....

I will post the PPT as a JPG and also attempt to back track to find its source.....

My understanding that it is a working document to address concerns over the org of Light Inf units.......at present...

Hopefully we can genereate discussion about the required form of Light units similiar to 2 Bravo's Armoured cav thread.....

Once I lock the mopes down amd go home, I'll post the stuff.....

Cool I think I know the ones that infanteer is talking about.   I pulled them from the CIA link from Gagetown.   IIRC they were the product of the working groups and nothing was set in stone.   I'd be interested to see if they have nailed down the ORBAT.

MJP said:
Cool I think I know the ones that infanteer is talking about.   I pulled them from the CIA link from Gagetown.   IIRC they were the product of the working groups and nothing was set in stone.   I'd be interested to see if they have nailed down the ORBAT.

That's the magic.

Any word on progress?

I believe I've seen this PPT also. As far as I am conserned this was just discussion at that point. I don't believe they have come to any conclusions yet. I know they are still trying to figure out if each battalion will get a coy worth of the LUVW for a patrol vehicle. In combo with the integral lift of the battalion that will allow us to task tailor our missions. I think we still have to wait for the LFWG to give us our marching papers. This will allow us to start working on the TTP's. :cdn:

So, is this going to be standard along with 2x C6 in pl wpns det?
Will pl wpns det keep its own 60mm mortar, or is that going towards this support wpn pl?
Is there going to be an 'anti armour' section of Carl Gs in support wpns pl?

Sorry Fellows,

I went right to ground after getting home last night.....

According to the PPT; the Pl Detwould now be an 8 man section under a Sgt w/ 2*C6, 1*84 and 1 *60mm

Again, I apologize.....Ill post when I get home.....

I'm not sure if I read that right, but is that a spot for a platoon marksman in the Plt HQ? If so, does that mean there's a new batch of courses being designed to allow for this, as well as a new series of weapons being released to units to allow for the effective use of this designation?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24883/post-145861.html#msg145861

Back