• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New policy for DND/CF email addresses

MARS said:
Q: Can I choose a name other than my first name for my new email address?

A: The first name selected to create the new email address is the name identified in the general properties tab in Outlook. If the first name listed is not the first name that you most commonly use in your work environment, you may change it accordingly. Please contact your local Service Desk to request changes to the first name that is listed for you in Outlook. Please see “What do I need to do to prepare for the change on 1 November 2008?” to learn how to check your profile in Outlook.

Excellent!!

I'm sure that the IT guys here will get quite the chuckle tomorrow then when they receive my WO Request to have my named changed to "TwinkleToes" Gibson ... my substantiation will be ...

I don't need no more "guys" links than I already get on behalf of the other Vern. Besides, last time I got a Mess Dinner invite from his Bgde, ... I responded "Yes, I'll come if you'll pay my TD costs to come to your location for the festivities!" They said "no" --- I'm still trying to get over the rejection.

ArmyVern said:
John Smiths!!??

LOL.

There's two Vern Gibsons for crying out loud. I get his mail - he gets my mail ... all the time. Even though I outrank him and our rank currently shows ...

This should be good for nothing more than fucking up things even more royally than they already are.

FFS. Enough of the BS already.

Then there is the MCpl in PEI who shares the name with the MP somewhere else in Atlantic Canada ... and the good MCpl was always getting "MilPol" email ... some of which he should never have seen. This ought to be really really good.

Hence why if the person is not in my address book I always look at the properties tab to make sure that this is the right person I want to email.

ArmyVern said:
Need a beer EITS? A wee bit frustrated are we?  >:D

I'm going for one now ...  ;D

This is just dumb, the old standard was never enforced, this one will be "maybe" or "a period of time" and then it will become a free for all again.

Seriously...is this the stuff that is a focus right now??  ::)

NFLD Sapper said:
Hence why if the person is not in my address book I always look at the properties tab to make sure that this is the right person I want to email.

He and I were both deployed at the same time too (twice actually) ...

We were both Sgt V Gibson@XD ....

Our second initials are different however. But, guess what happens when you open our outlook properties? First name says "Vern" for both of us. No middle initials.

And, as soon as you clicked on the properties and saw "Vern Gibson" listed ... would really look at the other one too just to make sure it's not a "Vern Gibson"?? You would with a "John Smith" perhaps ... but what are the freakin' odds of there being two of me?

(Really there's only ONE of me [you should all be very very thankful for that too!] -- but you know what I mean).

Eye In The Sky said:
Seriously...is this the stuff that is a focus right now??   ::)

It's this or the OPME buddy.

It's 1737 and I'm at my desk still ... why!!??

I'm out. I'm thirsty.  8)

ArmyVern said:

Have a pint for me then  ;)

ArmyVern said:

No I meant the "your signature blocks are wrong" should NOT be the focus for IMG right now..they've got PLENTY of bigger fish to fry on the IT/IM side...

ArmyVern said:

Why must you tease us poor westerners like so Vern, really, that's mean (and we wouldn't have it any other way!)

I've already changed my block, again, to their "sudgested" block. What a friggin crock though, really. Too much time on their hands in Ottawa???

Like why it takes sometimes like 10 mins for me to logon while in gagetown.

Intresting thing in that 3 GAG is my home site.

NFLD Sapper said:
Thought yours had your full name on it  ;D

You're right!!

They must have changed it when I moved down to this new office!!  ;D

Explains too why I'm not being inundated with emails like is the norm ... NO ONE knows me by my real name - they all only know me as "Vern" ... they don't have a clue ... I'm incognito!  8)

So, I won't be sending an email to the IT guys tomorrow at all.  >:D

Not sure when they changed it but I think its been awhile though.

NFLD Sapper said:
Not sure when they changed it but I think its been awhile though.

It's happened since the last week of June which is when I moved into this office you visited last month. And, the IT guy here now graduated from high school with me ... so he KNOWS my first name. I'm betting he switched it out when he switched out my local/fax number that I requested them to fix in my properties.

Umm Eye as a Leading Seaman I was a Engineering OFFICER of the Watch.

Mars.  My wife is Cuban so we could do bilingual email, just in the the two main languages of North America. Also hispanics often have two last names and they are not hyphenated. How do they suggest to deal with that situation as more hispanics are coming to Canada.

sledge said:
Umm Eye as a Leading Seaman I was a Engineering OFFICER of the Watch.

Mars.  My wife is Cuban so we could do bilingual email, just in the the two main languages of North America. Also hispanics often have two last names and they are not hyphenated. How do they suggest to deal with that situation as more hispanics are coming to Canada.

Cut it any way you want...as a LS, your not an Officer.    ::)

Neither is a MCpl.  Basic CF rank structure.

It is a job title. Not a rank. Same with the Mcpl who is a comm officer example.

I think you need to please reread what I wrote, then actually understand it. Then get back to me.

sledge said:
I think you need to please reread what I wrote, then actually understand it. Then get back to me.

It was a small point, not the purpose of the thread.  Probably hi-jacked this one too long already.

Eye In The Sky said:
::)

He is NOT an officer; neither are you.

Eye In The Sky said:
... Probably hi-jacked this one too long already.

Not quite!

I've got to back him up here ...
Signed: (My new siggy block of course ... ;))

Twinkle Toes
WO
Material Processing Officer (MPO)
for French version - see reverse
number
fax

"Whoever weareth the chaps - rules the world." ArmyVern 16 Sept 08

Back