• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

new recruit and housing

FITSUMO

Inactive
Reaction score
So, I own a house outside of ottawa and I am hoping to be in the CF soon( pt test and then the wait for the call to get sworn in).  My question to all of you is this, should I keep my house during the 1st 3 years, and when I get posted then sell it and move the wife and kids to where I am at. I don't want to upset my wifes career too much until i get posted, she is worried that until I get posted I could be moving all the time.  I am sure others have been in my shoes before and i would love to hear what you did.

respect
FITSUMO

FITSUMO said:
So, I own a house outside of ottawa and I am hoping to be in the CF soon( pt test and then the wait for the call to get sworn in).   My question to all of you is this, should I keep my house during the 1st 3 years, and when I get posted then sell it and move the wife and kids to where I am at. I don't want to upset my wifes career too much until i get posted, she is worried that until I get posted I could be moving all the time.   I am sure others have been in my shoes before and i would love to hear what you did.

respect
FITSUMO

The CF will not authorise you to move until you have completed your QL3 ( for most MOCs anyways, some have very long courses where you can have your family move with you.   for example AVN tech is 18 months long) and are going to your first posting. CFRC will give you all   the deatils   regarding your pearticular situation.If you are joining an MOC that does not permit you to have your family there ( due to short lenght of course), arrangemnts will be made to sell your house and move your family to your new location after you have competed your QL3 ( or whatever they call it these days).   You may very well be moving a few times before your first posting, again depending on your MOC and course dates.

thanks, thats what my wife and I thought, I am going for FCS or SIGOp so will be away alot for courses. 

respect
FITSUMO

Back