• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEWS FLASH - JOBS AVAILABLE NOW AND BMQ 22 FEB 05

kincanucks

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
CFRG is looking hard and fast to fill the following occupations with the intent of making offers to unskilled applicants in time for the last BMQ session for this FY which starts on 22 Feb 05:

pos remaining this FY
021 Arty Fd 35
215 Sig Op 38
434 FCS Tech                 11
275 NCI Op 7
276 NES Op                 30
277 Nav Comm                 11
278 Sonar Op                 14
283 NE Tech(A) 22
284 NE Tech(C) 18
285 NE Tech(T) 36

So if you have been merit listed for another trade and are tired of waiting and really want to get in the CF and serve your country, then contact your CFRC/D and tell them you are interested in one of the above trades.  If you meet the requirements for it then you will be merit listed and maybe you will be slogging through the snow at St. Jean sooner than you thought.  :salute: :cdn:

kincanucks,

Sorry for changing the subject a little but,
do you know how many DEO positions will be available at the next spring selection board?
I know that there are 13 SigO spots and no CELE but I'd like to know about MARE 87, GEM 43, MARS.
I'm only applying for Sig but it would be nice to know how many people they will be taking in the other
trades...

PhilipJFry said:
kincanucks,

Sorry for changing the subject a little but,
do you know how many DEO positions will be available at the next spring selection board?
I know that there are 13 SigO spots and no CELE but I'd like to know about MARE 87, GEM 43, MARS.
I'm only applying for Sig but it would be nice to know how many people they will be taking in the other
trades...

Code MOC FY 04/05 Forecast FY05/06

21 Armd/Blindé 3 10
22 Arty/Artil                 3 18
23 Inf/Inf                 31 60
24 Engr/Génie                  0 12
84 SIGS/Trans   13 30
43 EME/GÉM                 1 6
!!82 Int/Rens                  1 5
88 MS Engr/SMN -11 8
87 NCS Engr/SCMAR 0 5
71 MARS/MAR SS 27 55
31 Anav/Nav Air BA 5 13
32 Plt/Pil                117 69
39 AEC/C AÉRO 20 22
41 AERE/G AÉRO 2 9
83 CELE A/GE COMM A 0 6
46 AF ENGR/GÉM A -1 4
48 HCA/Assan 0 3
**49 Phy Th/Phy 2 5
**51 Dent/A Dent 2 0
**54 Pharm/Pharm 2 5
**55 Med/Méd 16 15
56 MAO/BIO/S Param 0 1
**57 Nurse/S Infirm 3 5
58 Soc W/T Soc 8 8
81 MPO/MPO 0 5
61 Chap P/Aum P 4 11
62 Chap RC/Aum C 4 9
66 PAFF/OAP                0 5
67 Legal/Droit                 6 20
72 Psel/S Pers       -1 4
74 TDEV/Dev Instr -1 1
78 Log/Log (L/A) 8 25
78 Log/Log (A) 0 6
78 Log/Log (N/M) 0 4

OK bear with me here... I'm probably not reading into this right but this list shows then that they are not accepting any more crewman, infantry or combat eng. (with no experince) till the new fiscal year correct?  I don't really understand this list though:

Code    MOC  FY 04/05  Forecast FY05/06             

21  Armd/Blindé  3  10             
22  Arty/Artil                  3  18             
23  Inf/Inf                  31  60             
24  Engr/Génie                    0  12             
84  SIGS/Trans    13  30             
43  EME/GÉM                  1  6             
!!82  Int/Rens                    1  5             
88  MS Engr/SMN  -11  8             
87  NCS Engr/SCMAR  0  5             
71  MARS/MAR SS  27  55             
31  Anav/Nav Air BA  5  13             
32  Plt/Pil                  117  69             
39  AEC/C AÉRO  20  22             
41  AERE/G AÉRO  2  9             
83  CELE A/GE COMM A  0  6             
46  AF ENGR/GÉM A  -1  4             
48  HCA/Assan  0  3             
**49  Phy Th/Phy  2  5             
**51  Dent/A Dent  2  0             
**54  Pharm/Pharm  2  5             
**55  Med/Méd  16  15             
56  MAO/BIO/S Param  0  1             
**57  Nurse/S Infirm  3  5             
58  Soc W/T Soc  8  8             
81  MPO/MPO  0  5             
61  Chap P/Aum P  4  11             
62  Chap RC/Aum C  4  9             
66  PAFF/OAP                  0  5             
67  Legal/Droit                  6  20             
72  Psel/S Pers        -1  4             
74  TDEV/Dev Instr  -1  1             
78  Log/Log (L/A)  8  25             
78  Log/Log (A)  0  6             
78  Log/Log (N/M)  0  4 

is this what they are predicting for the new fiscal year, or the actual numbers come April boards(?)

putz said:
nevermind disregard figured it out

Sorry for the jumble but I was pasting from an excel spreadsheet.   Number on the left is for FY 04/05 (finished) and the one on the right is the anticipated intake number for FY 05/06.

I never realized intake for pilots was so high.. is this a result of the washout rate, or do we just have that many more pilots?

My god! Only one 56 Bioscience officer!!!!

I do now understand why the last selection, i didnt was accepted!!!!!!  ::)

60 Infantry Officers is alot, when you consider that there is only roughly 81 Rifle Platoons (on a good day) in the Regular Army.  As well, I am assuming that there is some sort of allowance for attrition (injuries, Phase training washouts, etc).

Meridian said:
I never realized intake for pilots was so high.. is this a result of the washout rate, or do we just have that many more pilots?

Quite a drop in the intake though.  I think that this is a result of the air force realizing that while they would like to have lots and lots of pilots they still need plane seats for them to sit in.

Do you also have that graph for NCM positions as well?

I've noticed that several of these NCM positions are "understrength" i.e. NE Tech, NCI OP, NES OP. At least one of my preferred trades is on this list. I handed in my app. last week and am going in for appointments + interview tommorrow.  Assuming this all goes well, what is the likelihood the paperwork would clear in time for Feb BMQ ?

Maritime_Matt said:
I've noticed that several of these NCM positions are "understrength" i.e. NE Tech, NCI OP, NES OP. At least one of my preferred trades is on this list. I handed in my app. last week and am going in for appointments + interview tommorrow.    Assuming this all goes well, what is the likelihood the paperwork would clear in time for Feb BMQ ?

If there are no med issues, maybe but since these trades need to be filled now they may put a rush on for clean medicals.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be graduating university in June and most likely applying DEO infantry soon after that. When would be the earliest DEO boards after June, and the next scheduled BOTP after that?

Also hey everyone, my first post after lurking here for a year.

adrock said:
Thanks for all the info. I'll be graduating university in June and most likely applying DEO infantry soon after that. When would be the earliest DEO boards after June, and the next scheduled BOTP after that?

Also hey everyone, my first post after lurking here for a year.

31 Oct 05 and Jan 06.

Back