• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL Playoffs @ BMQ

FirstCheckMate

Inactive
Reaction score
This might seem like a dumb question but will I have any chance to watch the  NHL Playoffs @ BMQ.  I'll be there starting in May and would hate to miss my Canucks' run to the finals.  Any thoughts?

It depends on what your schedule is at the time, During free weekends past week 4 you can watch all the hockey you want. You can also sneak down to the Green Break Area and watch it if you have some spare time that night.

FirstCheckMate said:
I'll be there starting in May and would hate to miss my Canucks' run to the finals.  Any thoughts?

I'm thinking you'll miss seeing them make a run to the finals, but not because of BMQ.

;)

I'm sure being a Canuck fan in Eastern Canada during the playoffs will make me exceptionally popular.  I just hope they end up playing the Habs for the cup.  Then I'm guaranteed to get to see the games.  ;D

Or maybe they'll end up playing the Leafs... ::)  I couldn't even say that with a straight face.  Go Canucks!  :cdn:

It's hit or miss... When I did BMOQ I got there May 3rd... the only game I saw after that was Game 7 of the Detroit/Pitts series when Crosby and the Pens won the cup in epic fashion. That was because it was our first weekend off (after the indoc period). You can sneak down to the green break area and watch a game if you want, but make sure you've done your share of the work up in the quarters or you'll quickly be resented by your peers.

The worst part isn't missing the games, it's missing July 1st when all the free agents become available. When you start watching hockey again in October you realize you have no idea what's going on in the league anymore. I found out in December that Mike Modano was playing for the Red Wings! All kinds of surprises like that.

FirstCheckMate said:
Or maybe they'll end up playing the Leafs... ::)  I couldn't even say that with a straight face.  Go Canucks!  :cdn:

You're not even at BMQ yet and you're already making enemies.  ;D

I'm a Canucks fan living in Southern Ontario for the past 2 years.  I'm pretty used to it.  :camo:

I was going to say something about your stupid question but since you are a Canucks fan, excellent question and I hope you get to see the Canucks kick butt on their way to the cup.  Trying being a Canucks fan in the sandbox.  Cheers

What about the Ducks? I'm going to be on BMOQ starting in May and the only game I'm going to see, according to Ballz, is my beloved Ducks winning the cup in overtime in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. It's truly too bad that I will miss the Ducks beating out the Canucks in the Western Conference finals though...  ;D

Hmmm. Students watching Hockey or fire watch. We had an OC that would announce the scores over the net.

Dou You said:
What about the Ducks? I'm going to be on BMOQ starting in May and the only game I'm going to see, according to Ballz, is my beloved Ducks winning the cup in overtime in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. It's truly too bad that I will miss the Ducks beating out the Canucks in the Western Conference finals though...  ;D

Nope, never said that. IIRC, the scheduling has changed since I did my BMOQ and now the Stanley Cup Finals start later/end later. So, you may be finished you're indoc by the time Game 1 of the Finals even starts.

That was just the way it worked out for me a few years ago.

ballz said:
Nope, never said that. IIRC, the scheduling has changed since I did my BMOQ and now the Stanley Cup Finals start later/end later. So, you may be finished you're indoc by the time Game 1 of the Finals even starts.

That was just the way it worked out for me a few years ago.

Actually last year the Cup was won on the 9th of June so it'll be cutting it close. We'll see I guess, but really I just wanted to let everyone know that it's the Ducks' year again. Unfortunately, when they win I don't think wearing an extra small Paul Kariya Mighty Ducks jersey is going to fly at the Mega though.

Dou You said:
Actually last year the Cup was won on the 9th of June so it'll be cutting it close. We'll see I guess, but really I just wanted to let everyone know that it's the Ducks' year again. Unfortunately, when they win I don't think wearing an extra small Paul Kariya Mighty Ducks jersey is going to fly at the Mega though.

What's the start date of your BMOQ?

If you don't get it taken away, it's the 5th weekend you are there that indoc ends and you can go to the mess.

So if you start May 1st, you'll hopefully get your first weekend off June 3rd. May 8th, June 10th.

Yeah, cutting it close again. Just hope for lots of game 7s, that's the hope and dream I had to cling too.

The course start date is either the 2nd or 16th of May. So right now I'm just hoping I get on the early course. Because the only hope and dream I would have to cling to if I was put on the later course is hoping the Ducks are doing well and then dreaming out each game play-by-play every night.

While most electronics will likely be forbidden, candidates will be required to have alarm clocks during BMQ. A clever young soldier might think to find stations broadcasting games. A truly industrious troop might think to pack a shortwave radio.

there are TVs in the laundry room. So do your laundry on game nights.

Dou You said:

Are you delusional? Have you SEEN the standings?!?! The Ducks are barely in the playoff picture right now and the Canucks are leading the NHL.

The only sport the Ducks will be playing in May is golf.

Back