• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NIS/RCMP make drug bust at Shilo

Enough willy wagging, stick to the topic at hand.

FastEddy said:

I guess your in favour of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, chance, I wonder why that might be ?.

I guess also, that's the reason why there are Drugs in the Shacks. Next you'll be considering asking for clean needles to be supplied.

This is some pretty bizarre logic.  And yes, you are very strongly implying that DFW2T is a user.

I don't think that drugs are in the shacks because of people's attitudes towards one another.  I think they're there for several reasons: including lack of respect of the law, lack of respect for the dangers of narcotics use, failure to enforce the law, general or willing ignorance, and lack of respect for law enforcement.  This is not a comprehensive list by far, nor do I advertise it as being correct.

How common is drug use in the shacks?  I've only once encountered it while doing a garrison duty about nine years ago.  MP's were called and the situation was remedied very quickly.  Now, with smoking being banned inside buildings, surely it must be easier to spot the users?  Congregations of individuals at a smoke pit with only one or two of them smoking a home rolled cigarette; individuals smoking in unusual or out-of-the-way locations; individuals who don't regularly smoke dipping out on an odd schedule (weekends, etc.); an individual or several individuals smoking in a car on a warm or dry day.

Fasteddy, why don't you do us who have a genuine interest in stopping drug use in the CF a favor.  Instead of firing sabot fingers at someone who doesn't tolerate an ass-kissing attitude, educate us on signs and symptoms of drug use, our actions up to and including calling law enforcement.  I've witnessed outside the CF several methods of concealing substance abuse but fear posting them would be misconstrued by some moron an admission of guilt.

I believe in the phrase " your first and last mistake ". Sometimes a person needs a good dose of reality before they see the correct course to follow. The majority of the time they change for the better, not all, but a good few. The number of soldiers charged for dope related offences from Apr05 to Mar06 is small (2%) compared to those charged with drunkenness (6.5%). I wonder if the two are related? Alcohol has a way of lowering ones defences when it comes to staying on the straight and narrow. Dope pushers know when people are at their weakest( drunk) and will use it to entice people to try a " toke".
No matter from what direction you address this dope issue, the end result is that ,it is wrong. If time and personnel were available I would interview those charged with drug use and try to find out why using drugs is more important than a career in the military. This may already be part of C&P, if it is then the military has an opportunity to correct a very public problem.

GUNS said:
I would interview those charged with drug use and try to find out why using drugs is more important than a career in the military.

That's a very powerful statement and one I hope to never have to use, but you had better believe I will if the situation arises.  However, there are those who just don't understand the ramifications of their actions.

A concern I've had for a while extends beyond the drug use by the soldiers -- it is the criminal element these users introduce to the CF.  The minute they participate in the crime, they give the criminals a backdoor to the CF.

The old saying " foot in the door " is appropriate here. You are correct in suggesting that drug use may open the door for other rule infractions. It is not incorrect to say that some soldiers would do anything to keep their drug use private. Stealing or passing on information to drug suppliers is not out of reason. Hope it never expands to that level, that's why I would like to see an aggressive approach to nipping this in the bud. The CF does not deserve this s**t, not now-not ever.

Back