• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Non-Issue Equipment

I'm saying as a rule non issued kit should be green and or cadpat. For gloves and thermals green, brown, and black. So if your kit is luminesant with racing streaks down the sides and you want to wear your red biking gloves perhaps you should seek employment in the circus. For you people who don't have problems with the 82 start putting quad packs on it watch it buckle like the knees of a prom queen after a few drinks.

LOL - Well, I was poking fun at what appears to be the other arms' perception of us. It was not meant to be truly indicitave of "my mentality". I did my share of ruck marches, and certainly don't envy those who truly do need to live out of their rucksack. Maybe we should have refused those cozy gun tractors (that were so convenient for hauling tools and ammunition around, too) and insisted we walk everywhere, lest we be admonished by our Brothers in Arms for being lazy  ;)  

All of that aside, when I first got in, the gun tractors were in a "wagon line", which was usually quite a little jaunt away, and not practical to live out of, generally.

Oh - and I didn't ask for no stinkin mortars....    ;D

Cheers

Matt, elax and get used to Muskrat's rather subtle attempts at humor.

Trust me I was DS on his CLC waay back and he knows how to hump a ruck day in and day out.

Muskrat remember the course commander and Carl G P/T?

Well while waiting for my RAV...

A few buddies decided to get some gear done of for our trip so I latched on for a CADPAT AR version.

Pics
f7e8c58c.jpg

f7e8c588.jpg

f7e8c58d.jpg

f7e8c58b.jpg

More pics and my buddy Rob's rundown on this.
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/viewtopic.php?t=16899

[jedi mind trick]
MJP - you need one..
[/jedi mind trick]

LOL - Yeah.. nothing like having the good Captain go trotting by with the Carl G at port arms, while you're huffing and puffing like a little freight train with webbing and rifle....

I also remember umpteen trips to the driving range, back and forth, in one day... asking permission to get a drink of water... ya buncha sadists...    We did some calculations later and and figured we did about 25-28 klicks in that day. I remember coming in from field ex and doing drill in the middle of the night, in the rain....  ahhh.. those were the days

Sorry to hijack the thread.. I'll butt out now... and stay in the Mess and Artillery sections, where my rapier wit is appreciated   :)

Thats quite the setup. I didn't look at it too closely but overall how is it for cargo space. I'm not the biggest fan of the new tac vest, you can't really modify it all. What you see is what you get. Its better then the webbing and it fits awesome with a rucksack on. I was thinking about getting a British rig thats got loads of cargo space, preferably I'd like to carry 24hours worth of food/water and ammo on me without a pack. The rig I was looking at is DPM and has three large cargo pouchs that are removeable, with basically the same pouchs and grenade holders on the front. A problem the lads have been running into is that most vests I've seen don't properly fit our grenades in them without soaking them over night with a tennis ball and even thats iffy. The other issue with vests are most of them are knock offs for air soft or collecters they don't have strong enough stitching and material for field wair. :cdn:

Nah an arid pattern thingey...you make it sound like I'll be leaving the camp.  I'm forswearing everything gucci I told them I would be quite happy to take the burden of the C7 CT, you know it being a weapon system nobody wants to carry.  ;)

Besides I hate Tac Vests(well at least our version of it), and buying an Arid version would leave me open to much heckling. 

Does anyone know where I can order a wristwatch/OD ? Came with a simple green strap and I can only remember ever seeing it at the old Aldershot CANEX/Canteen before they built the new barracks (This was in '97) It was a very nice piece and was made by Timex, if anyone knows where I can pick one up it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Har, har. Searching does wonders lads. Go to www.timex.com and look for model number 41711 or 18581. These are two watches that are very nice. The first is in OD and the second in black, they are identical otherwise and come for the paltry sum of $25 USD. When I had mine I swapped the issue band for a better velcro one, very easy. These are rugged snappy looking timepieces and I suggest onefor every soldier. However, I do think you need a cover for the face when in the field as I believe the numbers are luminescent.

Check it out.

Cheers!

No, sorry Muskrat but Matt's right. I remember being in the  FOO party on a mountion in Norway, with all the same gear that the RCR had plus a 25 set and a weeks worth of batteries in my rucksack and I was glad that the infantry commander let me bring my gun tractor up there with me.

Sorry if I spoke a little too harshly.  I did not mean any ill-will towards Muskrat or the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery.  I was trying to describe my observations on how some of the combat arms have gotten a little too comfy in their surroundings, and how it can be a very rude wake up call to live the life of a light infantryman.

Not to say that everybody in the Artillery are living out of their gun tractors.  FOO parties attached to light infantry hump their ass off and I'm sure that the former 2 RCHA "E" Battery that was attached to the CAR had a pretty spartan existence as well.

Kevin, that rig looks pretty sweet.  I especially like the zippered pouches.  About the only thing I'd wish that it had on it was a modular system like PALS so you can change the setup depending on your role (ie. 203 gunner, C9 gunner, etc.)

Do you have the contact info for the folks that made it?

MJP,

I think the camp will be but a shadow...

5 CT's ... You, me, and HJ plus two Spares unless the OP sec's take an interest...

Back