• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Non issue NAVAL kit over seas

Lumber

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
After browsing through the thread "no non issue kit over seas" (which is limited to land ops), I was curious, is there non issued kit that naval personnel frequently bring with them on tour?

Since I have little experience and my naval kit is limited to a set of NCDs and not even Deck Boots, I can't even imagine what kind of kit that could be, so, enlighten me! :)

CDN Aviator said:
a good high-capacity spoon for 10 o'clock soup ?

a spork would save room and weight, make ship go faster, ye-haw

those airline cushion thingies? So you can stand watch and sleep at the same time?

a decent rain jacket to wear in the shower so you dont have to make contact with the sides...........

yuck....

- Leatherman/Gerber or a Russell belt knife
- Mini Maglite or equivalent (with red filter...don't forget that!)
- Some people like those clip-on little red LED lights.  It was really popular on the east coast during my MARS 4, but not sure if it's stayed that way

CDN Aviator said:
a good high-capacity spoon for 10 o'clock soup ?
Crap....until I get one of those my naval career will not be complete. Vern do you guys issue those???

Dimsum said:
- Leatherman/Gerber or a Russell belt knife
- Mini Maglite or equivalent (with red filter...don't forget that!)
- Some people like those clip-on little red LED lights.  It was really popular on the east coast during my MARS 4, but not sure if it's stayed that way

All of these items (including bullet 3) or facsimiles are available in the supply system.  Army Vern?

Ex-Dragoon said:
Crap....until I get one of those my naval career will not be complete. Vern do you guys issue those???

Guess you picked the wrong coast!  The snobs of the Left Coast get this issued quarterly, along with a personalized spill-proof bowl.

Actually had an email from Halifax today asking me to provide some details for a ship who'll be deploying in the future.

SNs, POCs in Ottawa etc for ...

AR Tac Vests for the Naval Boarding Party.
I sent them the info they needed and they're drafting up their request ...
I asked them to let me know what the outcome of their request is.

So, boys & girls -- this thread may be called for yet!!  :)

Actually that's a really good point! Why don't we just shift the entire stock of TVs to the Navy? I mean they'll never carry more then 4-5 mags at any given time. When they're on ship they don't use it, and when they board they don't carry that much ammo either. I mean... this is the perfect solution to an unhappy Army problem.

Once the stock's been transfered, let the rest of the Army buy their own rigs ;D problems solved!

The AR Tac vest is not suited for Naval  (or any water borne operation for that matter) you cannot access the mag pouches when wearing a PFD, the design of the vest will interfere with the wearing of infaltable PFD as well,and it is not easy to take off when you do hit the water. The mag pouches will not accomidate the MP5 magazines or the small pouches shotgun shells either...see it is junk across the board.

MG34 said:
The AR Tac vest is not suited for Naval  (or any water borne operation for that matter) you cannot access the mag pouches when wearing a PFD, the design of the vest will interfere with the wearing of infaltable PFD as well,and it is not easy to take off when you do hit the water. The mag pouches will not accomidate the MP5 magazines or the small pouches shotgun shells either...see it is junk across the board.

Eh, how true! :|

If there is any org in the CF that could make a case for a releasable vest I would think it would be the boarding parties. Being able to dump my rig and armour instantly if I went in the water would be 100 times more important than having a vest in AR CADPAT.

MSA Paraclete RAV

6561.jpg

Back