• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

Haggis said:
They hold the same commission as I do.  ::)

Yes, but they completed a formal course for it, not given it as a "long service, stop hanging around the WO and Sgt Mess" thing.

dapaterson said:
Yes, but they completed a formal course for it, not given it as a "long service, stop hanging around the WO and Sgt Mess" thing.

Ouch!

DND has made a statement confirming he is a CIC member, and that an investigation into his conduct is now ongoing.

Lumber said:
If you're going to fake it, why choose OCdt?

Why not?  Frank Gervais got outed for wearing a maroon beret and a pathfinder badge.  Now the beard and other things also gave it away.  But a low or average rank, a logistics cap badge with no regimental affiliation and maybe a CD or some commemorative medal, it won’t attract a lot of attention other than from those who might not know better.

This guy is clearly not a Walt now that we have more info,  just a moron. 

Remius said:
This guy is clearly not a Walt now that we have more info,  just a moron.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. You’ll show the Moron King proper deference and respect.

MilEME09 said:
DND has made a statement confirming he is a CIC member, and that an investigation into his conduct is now ongoing.

This guy would have had to lie through his teeth to get accepted as a CIC given what I know of the process.  I'm not saying bad eggs don't get in. But there is one more thing you can get him on.  5F release for lying on his enrollment documents.

Brihard said:
Whoah, whoah, whoah. You’ll show the Moron King proper deference and respect.

Sorry.  I should have said His Majesty.

So just a thought.....kind of on the fence here:

If you were in a position to be an assisting officer, do you take it for the front row seat or watch from the audience?  ;D

Nuggs said:
Apparently he likes to play dress up.

https://youtu.be/VxjyLrOi4ZI

I have no idea what the flags are and such, but given that he's had pictures of Hungarian uniform kit, I'm thinking that may be Hungarian cultural dress. 

If so, and he's Hungarian, I'm willing to give a pass on that one. 

reveng said:
Sums up Bradford, ON pretty well I think.  ;D

Must have been dress up night at the VI.

LOL

Almost swallowed my tongue on that one!

Wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen hanging outside the VI.  Not by a long shot!

:rofl:

But with his uniform being so screwed up could it be proven he was in uniform?
My guess is for easy legal reasons a quick voluntarily release will be the simplest solution.

X Royal said:
My guess is for easy legal reasons a quick voluntarily release will be the simplest solution.

Oh no, what fun would there be in that?

This is one of those cases where “general deterence” becomes the over-riding concern.

Bring on the Court Martial, please.

X Royal said:

The uniform itself wasn’t that screwed up, he just threw more crap on over it. Other than an older style CIC cap badge and an unauthorized Guards patch, he appears to have been in pretty much authorized CADPAT dress. I suspect it would be determined that the combats he was wearing were issued to him. He was also specifically identified as a CAF member and even vocalized that he knew he would probably hget in trouble for what he was doing.

I would say let defense counsel try to quibble that point at a CM.

I suppose we don't know which corps he belonged to, which is probably a good thing for them.  I'm wondering if he was in a GGHG cadet corps and somehow "acquired" the beret that way.

SeaKingTacco I hope your right but the path of least resistance will most likely be taken.
I can see the argument "If I showed up on parade like that I would have been charged for being out of uniform".
How can it be argued both ways, that now he was in uniform as nothing he was wearing was uniform with regulations? 

X Royal said:
SeaKingTacco I hope your right but the path of least resistance will most likely be taken.
I can see the argument "If I showed up on parade like that I would have been charged for being out of uniform".
How can it be argued both ways, that now he was in uniform as nothing he was wearing was uniform with regulations?

Because he identified as a CAF member, as by being in cadpat, was acting in the capacity of a uniformed member of the CAF, and can be charged. The CAF has made it very clear lately that being class A doesn't exempt you from being punished for doing dumb shit.

Back