• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

l.viita said:
There is no clear answer to that... They often told me they'd contact me soon but never did so I called them or went to meet with them only to realise someone, somewhere, didn't do what he/she was supposed to do so it was a good thing I contacted them otherwise my file would have been stalled at the same point.

I know I'm not the first one, nor the last one who has had trouble with recruiting centers/recruiters, so my best advice would be that you make some follow-up on your file. :)

Well I e-mailed my file manager about a week ago, that should bee enough no?

mariomike said:
Some examples here.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=001303416948774225061%3Aqhcx9pz3dku&ie=UTF-8&q=security+interview&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=%22Security%20Check%20Completed%22%20interview

Well my file is a little bit different from most of them (been in Canada for less than 10 years) considering my security clearance lasted for over a year.
I was just looking for some kind of estimate ...

Van Gogh said:
Well I e-mailed my file manager about a week ago, that should bee enough no?

I realised e-mails were the worst form of communication with most people working in recruiting offices. I think speaking on the phone would be better. I never got replies for my emails, but always did when I called.

Sometimes you get emails from certain clerks who are there part-time so that might be why you didn't get a reply quickly. If you are applying for the reserve, ask your local unit (or recruiting center) which caporal is in charge of the reserve recruiting at the local recruiting center. They are generally there full-time so it's easier to get in touch with them.

l.viita said:
I realised e-mails were the worst form of communication with most people working in recruiting offices. I think speaking on the phone would be better. I never got replies for my emails, but always did when I called.

Sometimes you get emails from certain clerks who are there part-time so that might be why you didn't get a reply quickly. If you are applying for the reserve, ask your local unit (or recruiting center) which caporal is in charge of the reserve recruiting at the local recruiting center. They are generally there full-time so it's easier to get in touch with them.

Well my file manager is pretty quick in replies and always replies.
He told me just to wait for now. He said you will be contacted soon.

George Wallace said:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0.html

My case is a little different, I wonder how long it takes after a pre-security interview (when all the background checks are done) to the interview day.
I don't really see people saying in these threads "my background check completed on this day and interview say after 2 months of background check completion"
Maybe some have posted in that format, will continue reading, hopefully I find a similar case ...

When I went in for a update on my file, the recruiter told me they were going to call in 2-3 days. They actually called me 3 weeks after to book for the interview and medical. I would just suggest to call them or go see them and ask about you file.

Just a quick question, when your file is sent to the scheduling department of the Recruiting center how long does it take them to book a CFAT/interview/medical. Thanks for the help

KerryBlue said:
Just a quick question, when your file is sent to the scheduling department of the Recruiting center how long does it take them to book a CFAT/interview/medical. Thanks for the help

See Reply #536.

KerryBlue said:

Unfortunately, there isn't a set time frame. It can vary greatly due to many factors such as; trade(s) selection/availability, which CFRC one is applying through, time of year applicant applied, etc., etc. 

You might find some examples of applicants who applied with the same trade as you among the Application Process Samples thread.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

Edit: mariomike's reply is especially helpful.

mario and beyondthenow, I've looked into both those threads multiple times and the only reason I'm asking this time is when I applied for RMC a few years ago I was the one in control of the booking for my test dates. When I brought in my source documents they sent me over to speak to a recruiter in charge of scheduling and I was given the choice of dates and was confused as to why this time around I wasn't given the option of choosing the dates.

KerryBlue said:
mario and beyondthenow, I've looked into both those threads multiple times and the only reason I'm asking this time is when I applied for RMC a few years ago I was the one in control of the booking for my test dates. When I brought in my source documents they sent me over to speak to a recruiter in charge of scheduling and I was given the choice of dates and was confused as to why this time around I wasn't given the option of choosing the dates.

Different CFRC this time around?  Different level of customer service.  Based on your previous posts, you need only think about who you are dealing with now.  Sorry for saying that......but you can include yourself in with the post below and why calls/emails are not being returned and I guess now we can add to the list, "Why appointments are not being made"...lol

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/112496/post-1263455.html#msg1263455

KerryBlue said:

I see. Sorry, I can't be of much assistance into the RMC processes. Hopefully another user will come along who can offer some insight.

BeyondTheNow said:
I see. Sorry, I can't be of much assistance into the RMC processes. Hopefully another user will come along who can offer some insight.

Not RMC this time but RegF, I'm two years into civi university and bored to tears. I've always felt that school wasn't for me, and i've finally matured enough to explain that to my parents and friends.

DAA said:
Different CFRC this time around?  Different level of customer service.  Based on your previous posts, you need only think about who you are dealing with now.  Sorry for saying that......but you can include yourself in with the post below and why calls/emails are not being returned and I guess now we can add to the list, "Why appointments are not being made"...lol

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/112496/post-1263455.html#msg1263455

DAA, would It help to call and remind them that I exist....they said about 1-2 weeks to hear back and were into week 3 now...

KerryBlue said:
DAA, would It help to call and remind them that I exist....they said about 1-2 weeks to hear back and were into week 3 now...

Can't hurt.

KerryBlue said:

My first tip is to call. If calls don't get returned - which often happens - go in person.

I called (and e-mailed) numerous times after sending my support documents to North Bay but no one responded back. After much time I went to my local CFRC and lo-and-behold my file was sitting there for almost a month. That day I got my background check documents and returned 3 days later (after a weekend.) The day I returned, I was given a CFAT date.

Search up my thread "steiner's story" since it goes into deeper detail which might help.

EDITED** heres a link http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/112328.0.html

I've been looking for an update on my file as my interview was just over a month ago and I had some medical paperwork to drop off (which I did 4 weeks ago tomorrow). I emailed the MCC who interviewed me, called and left a message, emailed the main recruiting center email address and was told to contact my MCC. I don't want to be annoying anyone, so I've done all of the above over the past week and have still had no response from anyone. I know selections for my trades are not until mid November, however I would just like the peace of mind in knowing if I'm medically cleared or merit listed.

Any advice available to know if there's more I can do to find this out?

airmax said:
I've been looking for an update on my file as my interview was just over a month ago and I had some medical paperwork to drop off (which I did 4 weeks ago tomorrow). I emailed the MCC who interviewed me, called and left a message, emailed the main recruiting center email address and was told to contact my MCC. I don't want to be annoying anyone, so I've done all of the above over the past week and have still had no response from anyone. I know selections for my trades are not until mid November, however I would just like the peace of mind in knowing if I'm medically cleared or merit listed.

Maybe an airplane flying over our nations capital, towing a banner that says "CFRC, please return my calls and emails!"

Other than that, keep calling and keep emailing.  If you are relatively close by, then try and stop in.  Kind of hard to be ignored when your standing at their counter.

airmax said:

Your file is most likely sent for Air Factor review in Toronto after RMO assessment. Air Factor review can take any where from 1 week to a month or two. Then, if everything goes well, comes selection.

airmax said:
I emailed the MCC who interviewed me, called and left a message, emailed the main recruiting center email address and was told to contact my MCC.

In addition to the above advice, you may find this topic helpful.

Tips on contacting "your" Recruiter 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/88358.0/nowap.html

Just saw you don't have any aircrew trades.
\If you weren't medically cleared, you would have received a mail-letter from the RMO after his review.

Back