• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

I was trying to sleep so I was going to tell whoever it was to eff off. Once I realized i was my rc I got excited and then fter I answered I started shaking. I still cant believe I got an offer! ;D

Goodeman said:
I was trying to sleep so I was going to tell whoever it was to eff off. Once I realized i was my rc I got excited and then fter I answered I started shaking. I still cant believe I got an offer! ;D

Congratulations Goodeman :nod:

Lostly :cdn:

Lostly said:
    Silly question for all of you. How many of you were nervous when accepting your CF offer? Also how did you overcome it?

Nervous?
How about down right excited!  If you really want it, when the call comes in you'll be ecstatic!
I can't imagine anyone would be nervous when they finally receive the call, given the lengthy selection process and the effort you put into getting that one, single, most awesome phone call of your life  ;D

My  :2c:
Noct  :cdn:

Edit: Congrats Goodeman!  What offer did you get?

NCM Infantryman. July 8 BMQ. I worked so hard to get that offer so it makes it that much nore sweet. Thanks guys  :salute:

Goodeman said:
NCM Infantryman. July 8 BMQ. I worked so hard to get that offer so it makes it that much nore sweet. Thanks guys  :salute:

That's great! Congratulations!!!!!!  ;D 

Goodeman said:

Awesome!! As a future Infantry Officer, I do look forward to serving with you.  Please keep me updated about how you're enjoying your BFT and infantry training.

I wish you all the best for your career  :salute:
Noct  :cdn:

Lostly said:
Just received the offer for BMQ on July 8 ;D

Lostly :cdn:

In regards to your previous question and my answer;
How did it feel??? :)
:blotto:

Edit: Congrats :)

Noctis said:
In regards to your previous question and my asnwer;
How did it feel??? :)
:blotto:

Edit: Congrats :)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shaking lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congrats!!

I am still waiting on a phone call from my RC.

Hello everyone,

I am currently a grade 11 student and I am interested in attending RMC as ny father did. My grade 11 marks range from 70s-80s but next year I am taking classes that interest me and that I achieve better marks in. I have played many sports throughout my life. I currently play ice and inline hockey as I have since grade 1 but I also have played atleast 6 years of soccer, 2 years of basketball, and 2 years of lacrosse. I have emoloyment experience including coaching and reffing hockey, score keeping, being a counselour at camps, and odd jobs for neighbours. I have volunteered at Special Olympic basketbal practices and this summer I am going to Africa for a month to volunteer at charities and at work for free at a construction/trades company. I am planning on working very hard in grade 12 to improve my marks and will be continuing sports. Does this sound like what could be a competitive application? All feedback welcome.

bauerthedog19 said:
Hello everyone,

I am currently a grade 11 student and I am interested in attending RMC as ny father did. My grade 11 marks range from 70s-80s but next year I am taking classes that interest me and that I achieve better marks in. I have played many sports throughout my life. I currently play ice and inline hockey as I have since grade 1 but I also have played atleast 6 years of soccer, 2 years of basketball, and 2 years of lacrosse. I have emoloyment experience including coaching and reffing hockey, score keeping, being a counselour at camps, and odd jobs for neighbours. I have volunteered at Special Olympic basketbal practices and this summer I am going to Africa for a month to volunteer at charities and at work for free at a construction/trades company. I am planning on working very hard in grade 12 to improve my marks and will be continuing sports. Does this sound like what could be a competitive application? All feedback welcome.
Visit your local CFRC and get much fresh information .

bauerthedog19 said:
Hello everyone,

No one here can, or will tell you.

bauerthedog19 said:
Does this sound like what could be a competitive application? All feedback welcome.

From what I've heard (from recruiters; friends; and other members on this site) an application is generally deemed "competitive" unless it is severely lacking in a certain area.

In your case, I would say that your application should be considered competitive. As for how competitive you really are? The only way you'll ever know is if you get called or not sometime in April/May next year.

Best of luck to you!

Hi,
      I 'd like to ask a simple question. I sent my application for RMC around new year and gone through the recruiting process. But I havent heard anything from them at all so far.  Does that mean they rejected my application? Don't they send rejecting letter or email?  Thank you so much.

sano558 said:
Hi,
      I 'd like to ask a simple question. I sent my application for RMC around new year and gone through the recruiting process. But I havent heard anything from them at all so far.  Does that mean they rejected my application? Don't they send rejecting letter or email?  Thank you so much.
You can contact them to ask how is your application.

sano558 said:
Hi,

I know a handfull of people who have applied in past years and have heard nothing until they finally phoned in (around June/July) to hear the bad news. One guy I know never bothered to follow up and didn't receive a call/email/letter of rejection.

sano558 said:
Hi,

You need to contact your local CFRC to find out "why" they did not contact you!!!  Once you apply online, you are provided with a "link" to upload your documents directly to the RMC Portal to have your academic transcripts assessed for general "suitability".  The results from RMC are sent directly back to North Bay, who in turn immediately forward your original online application and academic results to your local CFRC.

From that point on, it is in their hands to contact you and start the processing.

If you are found "not suitable", then you would be contacted and re-oriented.

DAA said:
You need to contact your local CFRC to find out "why" they did not contact you!!!  Once you apply online, you are provided with a "link" to upload your documents directly to the RMC Portal to have your academic transcripts assessed for general "suitability".  The results from RMC are sent directly back to North Bay, who in turn immediately forward your original online application and academic results to your local CFRC.

From that point on, it is in their hands to contact you and start the processing.

If you are found "not suitable", then you would be contacted and re-oriented.

That is strange because I didn't get a "link to upload my documents :/
What is bugging me at the moment is that I've been told by my local recruiting center that I needed to send an email at jobs@forces.ca to ask them to modify my trades choices. I have no clue how long it takes for them to make the modification nor if they'll confirm me they did it :/ Should I call them Monday to verify the information?

The local CFRC said that as soon as the change would be made to my application, I should hear from them within the next 2 weeks for the aptitude test and medical test and might even start QMBO in September!  :) I'm so stoked!

I have been trying to get into the reserves for a while now. I had to get a visual acuity test for my eyes and I submitted the results to the local recruiting centre. I successfully completed all the other testing. When I called them to ask for the results they told me they didn't know the results and that the application was in Ottawa and I will hear back in a month. Right now, it has been well over a month since then and I still haven't head anything. Does anyone know how I will be contacted when they contact me with the results? And what should I do if I still do not hear back from them?

Back