• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer Training

RussTheMann

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So a few questions for the recruiters; 2 being specifically about BMOQ and 1 being a general officer question.

1: I'm currently in my 2nd year of university and I plan to graduate in 2017. Im wondering if theres any way to apply sooner than later and almost have my offer either postponed until I graduate or have it put away until 6-12 months before I graduate, so that once I'm done university I'm not sitting around waiting for a call for 10 months. If not that makes sense and I understand, just curious.

2: Since I'm applying as an officer, is there a faster rate of process since I'm not just fresh out of high school? Or does it more in depth depend on if the trade I'm applying for (Infantry then Armour) is in demand or not?

3: This is probably a super stupid question but I want to know the full answer anyways. Does being a graduated infantry officer in the army make it easier to take my Recce or Pathfinder course? or any advanced course in general?

thanks everyone!

Good day RussTheMann,

1.  Until you are in your final year of your degree you may be eligible depending on your current degree program compared to your occupation of choice for one of our paid education entry plans. The dead line to apply for the Regular Officer Training Plan for this year is 31 January 2015. Follow the below link which will take you to the Paid Education section of our website. You can also submit your application on the website.

Once you begin your final year of your degree you can submit your application for the direct entry officer entry plan.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96

Questions 2 & 3

This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

Questions 2 & 3 have been asked before and answered in depth.   

So Im going to be applying for MARS, but I dont graduate university until August of next year. Is there anyway to 'time' it so that when I apply, the process will be done just after I graduate, therefore going on the next BMOQ class after I finish school?

Good Day,

Each persons situation varies due to background checks, etc - however if you start your process approximately 6 months before you graduate that should be adequate timing as long as your file isn't too complicated.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Back