• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officers

B

biggie786

I will be joining the military and an non commissioned member (regular). I have a 3 year diploma from college and also working towards my degree in business. I am planning on finishing up my degree after I join the military so that I can get reimbursed for tuition. Is it possible to before an officer and get promoted to 2LT once u finish your degree...and also it would be nice to know from you guys how officers treat you? do they look down at NCMs ??

I am very interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!!!

guess no one has anything to say about officers.

well...i want to go to university (the canadian forces one) but, im not sure i can handle commanding troops...but i guess someones gotta do it.

well im just wondering if there are any officers out there that can tell me a little bit about commanding troops...?

well, i think if you are having doubts on whether you could assume leadership or whether you would want to or not, you might want to reconsider being an officer, lol. I mean, ...well i guess you know what i mean. kinda scary. :warstory:

On the subject of officers (‘ruperts‘ in brit parlance)....if any of you out there had the choice of enlisting as a private soldier or taking a commission (ie you had the quals and so had a choice) would you have chosen the officer route, knowing all you know now ?? Or, based on your experience, are you quite happy being in the ranks ?? Any particular reasons for either choice ? ....Slainte !

Why not check out the ‘ranks‘ first? You can always commision later (I am not sure about ‘decommissioning‘, whether it is possible or not, but I have never heard of it). Not to mention, the experience you gain as an NCM would put you ahead of the game of your peers on your Officer training/MOC courses. Plus you would have a great viewpoint on what it is like to be a grunt.

Back