• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Old Civil Charge and Fingerpint check = recruiting process delay (was: "crud")

Jaxson

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, i went for my medical and interview today, honest about everything (drugs and such) and all went well, until i had the vision check and the guy said id have to go see an eye doctor, then came my interview and i decided to be honest about saying how i had been charged 4 years ago and everything was fine now but now they have to run my finger prints and ladi ladi ladi, 6-8 month wait just for that and then ill have to repeat my physical/ medical, yep good day for me. but first thing ill do is get my eyes done, find out if im passable if not well that truly sucks, if they are then i got a long wait ahead of me. Sorry just had to get this out and off my chest.

(Edited by Moderator to insert clear topic.)

Oh i had a simple charge, it shouldnt prove a problem even after theyve run the check, its just the wait time that kills me .  thanks though :)

If it was only a charge and you were not convicted you may be able to apply to have the record purged, you may also have to apply to the RCMP to have any records held federally in reference to the fingerprinting that was done purusant to the Identification of Criminals Act.  However, in terms of an application to the Canadian Forces the best policy regardless of whether or not you know no record of the incident exists is to come clean about it, as you have done.

What exactly is "purging " of the records.  Are the records destroyed?

badsector said:
What exactly is "purging " of the records.  Are the records destroyed?

As you may know, it's not a pardon, which is an absolution for a conviction. You can't get a conviction purged, only pardoned. But a charge without a conviction can be purged, which is the process of removing the records. This process takes time - 1 or 2 years. You can do it yourself, but you have to go through all the different org's that keep these records, like the local police, then the court system, then the RCMP etc. It is best done by a company like Pardons Canada that specializes in this. It costs several hundred bucks, too.

I don't think the charge disappears completely. If you are charged in future, the cops can dig up the old records - I think. But for a standard record check it will not show up.

Jaxson said:
Oh i had a simple charge, it shouldnt prove a problem

I strongly advise you to go to Pardons Canada.

Better to have Nothing than a Simple little charge that you have to explain over and over and over.

You might think it is simple now, but it might affect you later on in life.

If you have the opportunity to get rid of it DO IT!
But it is Still your choise.

That sucks dude,

sorry to hear it didnt all work out. But atleast you are not completely out.

Good luck with your process.

Back