• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

O'Mega Mess bar hours

Fridays i think its 2100 to 230, Saturday its until 00 for pretty much the whole day except for meals, and sunday it is until 2200 (Not that you want to do much drinking on Sundays). This is all from memory from my time there a few months ago. There are signs that show the times.

Sometime in the morning I believe, they also close during meals as well. I think they stop serving alcohol at 1600 as well, but still open again after dinner.

Boy, I don't think I'd want to drink at BMQ... Alcohol & muscle recovery don't mix.

IBX.Lee said:
Boy, I don't think I'd want to drink at BMQ... Alcohol & muscle recovery don't mix.

Not all are days of BMQ/BMOQ ARE equally physically demanding.  You'll get an idea as to what the routine is like at the Mega, and you'll also eventually start to know what's coming up.  Believe me when I say that you can survive BMQ/BMOQ and enjoy a few beers on the weekends.  While it may not contribute to muscle recovery, relaxing and drinking (the universal social lubricant) together can help build relationships and cohesion, which will contribute to your success on the course.

EDIT TO ADD: Hopefully it acts only as a social lubricant, and doesn't lead to the use of any other kinds of lubricant which lend themselvesf to...other kinds of socializing...because fraternization is a no-no.  Drink if you like, be merry, have fun, don't be stupid.

On a semi related note, for new recruits try no to blow all your money on booze, tattoos, and other entertainment, etc.  Or go around with your dog tags hanging out.. the locals have seen thousands of fresh recruits before,  no need to show off that you are another.

*Not directed at anyone in particular*

Back