• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

One hook desert cadpat epaulettes?

JimmyPeeOn

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone seen theese before? I was told they arent made.  I smell poo.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/other_ranks_cadpat_e.htm

There's one on there, if you want a NSN, have a look on the DWAN. I'll post the link for it later today if you want.

I would actually.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have a feeling its just the taiolors here bieng lazy asses.

After a bit of search on combat camera..... http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/photoarchive/HiRes/%212004/092404/IS2004-0694a.jpg

JimmyPeOn said:
I would actually.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I have a feeling its just the taiolors here bieng lazy asses.

I looked on the DWAN today, and there was a picture of a one hook AR slipon, then when I clicked on it to get the NSN, a no hook slip on came up which is a little strange. Anyways, here's the NSN for what came up in the AR Pte slipon link, 8455-21-921-6680. It may be the one for the no hook though, sorry but I can't explain why it would come up like that.

Anyways, hope that helps.

Check out this site, it's got a picture of the one hook but no NSN with it.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/other_ranks_cadpat_e.htm

Sweet thanks boys. I'll pass that up tomorrow.  Don't wanna get what little I have taken from me overseas.

CANADA.... Hell we have trouble getting regular cadpat single hook with Signals on them.  :salute:

thought so, dosent bother me though. If they are there all the better, if not i have an excuse to looks stupid again :)

When you sign for your CADPAT AR uniform you will get a slipon of the approriate rank, albiet with CANADA on it.

Sig Bloggins said:
AFAIK doesn't everyone going overseas get Canada epaulettes? I could be mistaken...

Why would that be necessary ?  I have gone overseas with unit slip-ons.....didn't seem to be a problem

Sig Bloggins said:
AFAIK doesn't everyone going overseas get Canada epaulettes? I could be mistaken...

Ha Ha! He made us say epaulets!    ;D

PS: Epaulets are the fabric sewn to the uniform, having a button hole, over which we place our rank "Slip Ons" onto.

My apologies, I stand corrected. Slip-ons it is. 

aesop081 said:
Why would that be necessary ?   I have gone overseas with unit slip-ons.....didn't seem to be a problem

I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want to be captured with SIGNALS slip-ons...

Sig Bloggins said:
My apologies, I stand corrected. Slip-ons it is.  

I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want to be captured with SIGNALS slip-ons...

Oh don't give me that !  It's not like i joined yesterday you know !  Next time you go on exercise, look trough your pockets or go trough the FMP you have in a pocket somewhere, you probably have more informative things in there.  Do you have any army related tatoos? Having "SIGNALS" on your slip-ons makes you no different than having "PPCLI" or "2 CER"..... You are assuming a pretty pathethic ennemy. Do you honestly think that, even though i have to remove my wings when on operational missions, that the ennemy can't figure out that i am aircrew ?  The fact that your slip-ons say "SIGNALS" tell the ennemy one thing : that you work in signals.  Like i said, i went oversaes twice with 2 CER and 1 CER on mine and everyone else in the contingents had their own. It wasn't a problem then and it wouldnt be now.

Interesting. I suppose you're right, it's another one of those "trg" vs. "real-life" things, I guess. What you're told in training doesn't usually happen on operations.

Thanks for clearing that up...

Every Sig I met in Kabul had SIGNALS on their slip-on. Besides if I am about to get captured I would bet that the smoking ruin that would be my self destroyed rad van might give my trade away.  :dontpanic:

Canadian Sig said:
Every Sig I met in Kabul had SIGNALS on their slip-on. Besides if I am about to get captured I would bet that the smoking ruin that would be my self destroyed rad van might give my trade away.   :dontpanic:

My thoughts exactly

Back