• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Operation Nanook 2010

ArmyRick said:
That Sgt (I know him) is old and crusty too (something close to 30 years). BTW, its POLAR BEAR watch, its not like a bear is going to open up on him with a burst from an MG! He slings it that for that duty, so be it.

Absolutely. I dunno why but thats one of those things that bugs me.

ArmyRick said:
That Sgt (I know him) is old and crusty too (something close to 30 years). BTW, its POLAR BEAR watch, its not like a bear is going to open up on him with a burst from an MG! He slings it that for that duty, so be it.

...he may even have his safety on.  I sure hope a bear doesn't sneak up behind him before he can raise his weapon and release the safety...

You don't have to be crusty to not stand there with the rifle raised in the ready position, scanning the horizon through the M79...

Regards
G2G

Your joking right? I am very well aware of what Polar bears can do and how stealthy are (for a large animal its impressive).

Slamming your face to the C79 optical sight and scanning the horizon is not how we do it. Anytime we are watching the arcs. Simply jamming your eye into the scope will result in eye fatigue and you lose far too much periphial vision. You scan the area with naked eye, pick up something of interest than  scan with the optics.

Anybody else want to be an arm chair soldier critic?

medicineman said:
You don't see if his hand is on the pistol grip do you?  Maybe he's left handed and it's in a relaxed ready position for him - kinda sorta looks that way to me...

MM

A blowup of the pic appears to show that his hand is indeed on the pistol grip....

Good2Golf said:
...he may even have his safety on.  I sure hope a bear doesn't sneak up behind him before he can raise his weapon and release the safety...

You don't have to be crusty to not stand there with the rifle raised in the ready position, scanning the horizon through the M79...

Regards
G2G

Blown-up pic is too fuzzy to see which way the selector switch is though....

Boy. sometimes we can get wrapped around the proverbial axle here for some of the most insignifigant shit anyone ever heard of ::)

Not pointed at anyone in particular. Just a general observation from the perusal of some some of the lengthier threads that address absolutely SFA yet seem to require the intervention of higher celestial life forms before a Mod finally puts said thread out of it's misery.

Let's move on folks. This tangent isn't even worth the time it takes to type it.

Milnet.ca Staff

ArmyRick said:
Roger that. I am putting my own safety switch on my brain.

Forgot the  ;) Armyrick.

My bad...  :-[

Back