• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opportunity to update the CC-150 fleet?

I'd have to check details, and then check what has been released to the public.
Roger,

One isn't much of a credible air refueling capability, 5 is significantly better for Canada's size and operational footprint (real or imagined ;) )

Roger,

One isn't much of a credible air refueling capability, 5 is significantly better for Canada's size and operational footprint (real or imagined ;) )
LGen Kenny has been quoted as saying there will be "somewhere around 9". First refueler capable version in 25/26 at the earliest.

See page 9 at the following link: Skies Magazine.

LGen Kenny has been quoted as saying there will be "somewhere around 9". First refueler capable version in 25/26 at the earliest.

See page 9 at the following link: Skies Magazine.
9 I think he means by total airframes.
While the tanker is one configuration, I think that cargo and passenger versions will also be required, and that 3-5 tankers would suffice for Canada’s routine needs.

9 I think he means by total airframes.
While the tanker is one configuration, I think that cargo and passenger versions will also be required, and that 3-5 tankers would suffice for Canada’s routine needs.
I may be wrong but I thought the MRTT is inherently capable of doing all of that - the inside is just swapped out as necessary.

I didn’t think there were tanker and non-tanker A330 MRTTs.

I may be wrong but I thought the MRTT is inherently capable of doing all of that - the inside is just swapped out as necessary.

I didn’t think there were tanker and non-tanker A330 MRTTs.
Agreed - I mean more setup as tankers versus setup as cargo/passenger. I understand it’s all modular, but does take a bit of time to unlock and swap.

Back