• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Opportunity to update the CC-150 fleet?

Are our new Airbuses able to be converted into the MRTT+ vs the MRTT? I am assuming not as they are based on different airframes?

Thank goodness we didn’t op for KC46.
Honestly it's mind blowing how far Boeing has allowed itself to fall.

i suppose a faulty fuel pump is better than a fuel pump being replaced by a sandwich, wrench, fast food order, or forgotten smart phone...

Boeing charges extra for that.....the faulty fuel pump is gratis.
Boeing went from "If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!" to "Wait my flight is on a Boeing? Ummmm, can you put me on a flight on something else pls?"

You know the company's image isn't doing well when a Boeing employee learns his flight to his vacation is going to be on a 787 Dreamliner, so he promptly cancels his flight...

At least the F/A-18 program is going solid, are the Apache & Chinook programs. I'm tempted to say their military side is doing a lot better than their civil aviation side (and for the most part it really is) but they still have massive quality control issues with both the KC-46 and some P-8 airframes.

(Mostly with the KC-46 and it's myriad of problems because they tried to reinvent the wheel, but there's still the odd few nuts & bolts found in the inner workings of P-8's during their final inspections - or worse yet their initial inspections once delivered to customers)

The moment I heard Boeing's top Management types primarily seemed to have a McDon background. I knew Boeing was screwed.
I've had serious doubts about McDonnell Douglas management practices after they bailed an F/A 18 from the US Navy for the Paris airshow in the early eighties.
Promptly crashed it and then tried to charge the Navy for the replacement aircraft !

The moment I heard Boeing's top Management types primarily seemed to have a McDon background. I knew Boeing was screwed.
I've had serious doubts about McDonnell Douglas management practices after they bailed an F/A 18 from the US Navy for the Paris airshow in the early eighties.
Promptly crashed it and then tried to charge the Navy for the replacement aircraft !
And, you know, the whole DC10 thing.

To be fair I suspect that the DC 10 could have happened to anyone. And by the the time McDon ,the FAA and the NTSB were finished the DC 10 may very well have become possibly the safest airliner in modern history.
Ironically enough by the time the various investigations and law suits were done they literally knew everything that could go wrong with the design.

Back