• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ottawa M&G - 2009

Ok so the date for the M&G sucks - how about.....

• Total voters
Lil_T said:
I would assume this is for the young'un...  :D
Of course!

...unless you women intend to have a M&G.........with daycare, then bring him along. Previous meets have been held in bars though.  ;)

Hey, we had an underage participant at our Toronto/Burlington M&G.  He just didn't drink.

Or move it over the river to Gatineau so the 18 year olds can fully participate...

Are you kidding??  A taxi from downtown will cost me $25.00.  Gatineau would just be outrageous!

I'll either be DD or I'll have hubby do the chauffeuring, so if anyone's coming from the east end - hit me up.

I know how much fun it would be biting everyone's ankles.....lol like Eric said who's not much older than myself, but I'm quite a long ways from Ottawa so I don't see myself getting there, on the other hand I will already be in basic, so sorry guy's I know you all want me there but I just can't make it.

SoldierInTheMaking said:
I know how much fun it would be biting everyone's ankles.....lol like Eric said who's not much older than myself.

I do wear big-boy pants though :p . And I've been around the block before. ;)

Hehe... You're 18, you're gonna have to take what's dished out to you for a while... I've been in your shoes before, and I've sat at my share of head-tables during mess dinners.

Wait till your future co-workers tell you the same old classic lines: "I have a son/daughter your age" or "I was on my basic back in '85... how old were you then?"

Have fun on basic!

Anyways... moving on.... [/hijack]

Sooooo... can we isolate some more criteria for the M&G other then just the month?

- Run of the mill bar / or pub / or restaurant?
- Outdoor patio for the smokers? (or not?)
- Music not so loud that a conversation is not possible?
- Cheap beer and food?
- Classy spot? (I'm partial to sleazy establishments and questionable joints. My kind of crowd. lol)

Brihard said:
I think the last one was at D'Arcy's.

Man, that was a while ago. At least a year or two. I believe there was another one a bit after that, as well.
Last one I was at was in Kingston. ...Wow, time just flies, does it not?

alrighty.. once we decide on a venue should I book a table or two? 

Lil_T said:
alrighty.. once we decide on a venue should I book a table or two?

Probably two ... one for the dancers to "dance on" and one for "the viewers" to sit at  ;D

I like the way you think ;D

Now I just have to hope I'm still here for that - and I'll have Hubby chauffeur for me.  :cheers:

So I take it no Cabin.  :'(

OK, I actually like Patty Boland's and the Honest Lawyer, even though the latter always has some idiots getting into a fistfight every time I get there. 

Personally I am not shy to either sitting behind a table or dancing on top of one.  S'all good.

Well... I'm taking suggestions. 

Then we can probably do a poll to vote on the venue.

How does 16 May work for everyone?

CorporalMajor said:

Personally I am not shy to either sitting behind a table or dancing on top of one.  S'all good.

Depending on what I drink and how much I drink the same could be said for me!  ;D

All clear on May 16th :nod:

16 May looks good for me so far.

Yes, a patio for smokers (sorry  :-\).
Music not too loud, have to be able to chat.
Classy?  Not necessary, we'll bring our own class.  ;)  Sleazy?  Not to the point of prostitutes plying their trade in the bathrooms.  :eek:

Lil_T, PM inbound.

Back