• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Overboots.

btk_joker

Inactive
Reaction score
This is niether important or interesting.

But, what are those holes on the side of the overboot for the combat boots? Theres just a big hole with a metal ring around it...

I know this is pointless, but its been bothering me!

J. Lightfoot

Simple question, simple answer. Use them to tie the pair together so you don‘t lose one. :)

Acctually I think it‘s to tie a knot for extra tightness or so the zippers dont slip down......

:-\

Didn‘t say that‘s what they were supposed to be for, just what most people use them for. Never in thirty years have I seen anyone tie them up to help the zippers stay closed, although that may well be what they‘re for. ;)

heh, so thier fairly pointless and not life-altering. Thanks! :)

J. Lightfoot

Guess what, I think they are for differenciating the left from the right.. in the dark. Sound like a good idea? I know the NBC boots have pads on them for that...

Bzz

Here‘s a crazy question...who actually uses the gumbies? I was issued 2 sets of them when I joined 5 years ago, and I‘ve -never- used the bloody things.

Originally posted by Arctic Acorn:
[qb] Here‘s a crazy question...who actually uses the gumbies? I was issued 2 sets of them when I joined 5 years ago, and I‘ve -never- used the bloody things. [/qb]
I tried them out when we had that big snow-storm... I went outside, slipped and fell. they have no grip. :-\

Take them and the Socks Wool Frize put them together and you have the ultimate footwear for standing around on a mortar line during springtime in gagetown.

Fair enough. At least -some- folks use ‘em.

I know some folks up here (Yellowknife) were talking about useing them as a waterproof bootie for the mukluks, but like AlphaCharlie said, they‘re awful slippery.

Would be nice to have a waterproof bootie for the mukluks, though. On a winter exercise here in January I got both boots soaked through trying to get one of the groups snow machine out of a bad patch of overflow. It was about -35 out, less windchill. Bloody things were frozen so solid that I had to use a mallet and beat the snot out of them to get the duffle sock out. Lesson to the new guys: If you think not taking the spare duffle socks for the mukluks to save weight is a good idea, don‘t. I‘d be missing toes right now if I had. :eek:

Back