• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Passed the interview...

PaulD

Inactive
Reaction score
so my file will now be passed on to the DEO seletion board.  Now I'm REALLY nervous.  This board has been extremely helpful in helping me prepare and gain a greater understanding of what it truly means to be a leader and what is expected,  thanks all!

1.  Aerospace controller
2.  Armoured officer
3.  Artillery officer

I've made an inquiry in another post regarding my eyesight.  It looks like my 2nd and 3rd choices might not be doable.

Odd, didn't they check your eyes with an eye chart during the medical?

My second choice is Armoured as well, there are only 15 positions for this selection board. Sounds rather competitive.

Now that I think of it, I wonder if they take your trade choice rankings into consideration in the selection board? ( i.e. Armoured is my second choice, so they might rank me lower compared to others with Armoured as the first choice)

They did take a cursory eye exam but they also gave me a visual acutiy form for my optometrist to fill out.  It was after he filled it out that I looked at the numbers and realized I might not even qualify for all 3 of my preferred trades.  I'll just have to see what happens.

PaulD said:
They did take a cursory eye exam but they also gave me a visual acutiy form for my optometrist to fill out.   It was after he filled it out that I looked at the numbers and realized I might not even qualify for all 3 of my preferred trades.   I'll just have to see what happens.
What exactly is your eyesight? If you don't mind me asking?

My corrected visual acuity is 6/6 and 6/7.5 and uncorrected visual acuity for the right eye is 6/120 and for my left eye is 15/400

Back