• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

Retro will happen, as it always happens - back to the start of the fiscal year... WRT the % increase, there is absolutely NO indication of what it will be.  The Public Servants are in negociations for their new contract.  What they get - we will get.

geo said:
Retro will happen, as it always happens - back to the start of the fiscal year... WRT the % increase, there is absolutely NO indication of what it will be.  The Public Servants are in negotiations for their new contract.  What they get - we will get.

I totally agree, my above mentioned is only a rumour at my personnel's office (ETO).  They are talking of 2% at xmas, and the rest when the public servant have settle.  BUT... and a big BUT... this is only a rumour. 

Google "Hillier pay raise" - see article in TO Star:

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/271044

Not related to our "pending" pay increase, but interesting info all the same...

BinRat55 said:
Google "Hillier pay raise" - see article in TO Star:

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/271044

Not related to our "pending" pay increase, but interesting info all the same...

He's worth every single penny of it too Jim.  :)

He's worth every single penny of it too Jim.

I agree fully - he's my hero dontcha know  :salute: !!  I just wish sometimes that I could get accelerated from Sgt to General - couple more bucks per month  :crybaby: !!!

:cdn:We Shall Remember :cdn:

Binrat... no you don't... just think of all those taxes you'd be paying.

I refuse to accept the appointment of CDS, I will not pay any more taxes than I am paying at presetn! ;)

I got this email yesterday (apologies if already posted):

Below are the... high points and significant changes that were announced at the subj conference earlier this week...

1. PAY RAISE - the pay raise is coming, but most likely not before Christmas.

2. FIELD ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCE (FEA) - This will replace FOA. CF Mbrs posted to "Field Units" will be getting a monthly allowance similar to Sea Duty Allowance (starts at $285/mo).  The CDS will designate the units and positions that are entitled to receive this new allowance.  This will be back dated to 1 Apr 07. Units will have to calculate their mbrs eligible time in field units to determine what rate they will be receiving.  Casual FEA will replace FOA and will be raised to approx $24/day.

3. ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCE EQUITY - Accumulated seniority with environmental allowances will be transferable.  If you have five years SDA and you are posted to a designated field unit, you will have five years time credit to FEA. (good news for purple trades).

4. PLD RE-RATIONALIZATION - PLD will be changing in the near future.  Ottawa will become the "standard" city in Canada and will receive $0 PLD.  Any geographical area that has a lower cost of living than Ottawa will also get $0 PLD.  Any geographical area with a higher cost of living than Ottawa will get the difference between Ottawa and that region's cost of living.  This will be phased in over three years (reduced by 1/3 each year until it is at the new and improved level). Officer's PLD reduction will start 1 Apr 08, NCM PLD reduction will start 1 Apr 09.  Pers posted to a new location will get the new and improved level immediately.

No PLD?? Dang 16 bucks a month here in Kingston - guess I'll have to pimp myself out now to buy my coffee in the morning. ;D

4. PLD RE-RATIONALIZATION - PLD will be changing in the near future.  Ottawa will become the "standard" city in Canada and will receive $0 PLD.  Any geographical area that has a lower cost of living than Ottawa will also get $0 PLD.  Any geographical area with a higher cost of living than Ottawa will get the difference between Ottawa and that region's cost of living.  This will be phased in over three years (reduced by 1/3 each year until it is at the new and improved level). Officer's PLD reduction will start 1 Apr 08, NCM PLD reduction will start 1 Apr 09.  Pers posted to a new location will get the new and improved level immediately.

I got the same information about a month ago from the WCOMD out here

Am I correct in assuming that Winnipegs cost of living is lower than Ottawas?

LWQ I think maybe this might add PLD to Edmonton, there is no way the Edmonton has the same cost of living as Ottawa.

I would think that Ottawa would have a high standard of living and if that is now zero I wonder how Edmonton would fare next to Ottawa.

3. ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCE EQUITY - Accumulated seniority with environmental allowances will be transferable.  If you have five years SDA and you are posted to a designated field unit, you will have five years time credit to FEA. (good news for purple trades).

Ok, now I'm confused. Does this mean that since I'm double dipping with Aircrew and Sea pay that I'll go to the 5 year rate as soon as my cumulative time drawing both of them equals 5 years? If this is the case, it's going to be great being in Maritime Helicopters!

Inch said:
<snip>that since I'm double dipping with Aircrew and Sea pay that I'll go to the 5 year rate as soon as my cumulative time drawing both of them equals 5 years?

Aircrew Allowance is not an environmental allowance - so I don't think it works that way.

Zoomie said:
Aircrew Allowance is not an environmental allowance - so I don't think it works that way.

Uh, you sure about that?

It falls under CBI 205 Section 2 - Environmental Allowances.

Back