• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PAY RAISE HELD BACK UNTIL MID APR PAY -- CANFORGEN ATTACHED

who980

Inactive
Reaction score
It seems our pay raise won't be payed out until mid april now due to unforseen circumstances:

Subject:  SUBJ: IMPLEMENTATION OF FY 04/05 AND FY 05/06 PAY INCREASE,
R 251450Z FEB 05 (0107186-2005056000515.txt)
Auto forwarded by a Rule

DTG: R 251450Z FEB 05
SUBJ: IMPLEMENTATION OF FY 04/05 AND FY 05/06 PAY INCREASE
(0107186-2005056000515.txt)
RAAUZYUW RCCPJAW4042 0561605-UUUU--RCWEWLA RCWEZNA RCWMBNS RCWMCTS
RCWMFYS RCWMHBS RCWMNHS RCWMNLS RCWMNMS RCWMPCA RCWMPJA RCWMRGS
RCWMSKS RCWMTRS RCWMWGS RCWMWIS RCWMWVA RCWMYKS.
ZNR UUUUU ZOC ZIA
R 251450Z FEB 05
FM NDHQ OTTAWA//ADM HR-MIL//
TO CANFORGEN
BT
UNCLAS CANFORGEN 043/05 ADM(HR-MIL)018
SIC WAI
BILINGUAL MESSAGE / MESSAGE BILINGUE
SUBJ: IMPLEMENTATION OF FY 04/05 AND FY 05/06 PAY INCREASE
REF: CANFORGEN 033/05 CDS 010 151335Z FEB 05
1.  REF CANFORGEN ANNOUNCED THAT THE PAY IMPROVEMENTS FOR FY 04/05
WOULD BE RETROACTIVE TO 1 APR 04 AND THAT MEMBERS SHOULD SEE THE
INCREASES REFLECTED IN THEIR END MAR 05 PAY
2.  DUE TO AN UNFORESEEN PROBLEM OUTSIDE THE DEPTS CONTROL, THE
REVISED RATES OF PAY CANNOT BE IMPLEMENTED PRIOR TO THE END OF THE
FISCAL YEAR
3.  BE ASSURED THAT EVERY MEASURE WAS TAKEN TO PROVIDE THE PAY
INCREASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT THE PAY
INCREASE WILL BE DELIVERED IN YOUR MID-APR PAY
4.  YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING IS APPRECIATED
END OF ENGLISH TEXT / LE TEXTE FRANCAIS SUIT
PAGE 2 RCCPJAW4042 UNCLAS CANFORGEN 043/05
OBJT: MISE EN APPLICATION DE L AUGMENTATION DE SOLDE POUR
L AF 04/05 ET AF 05/06
REF: CANFORGEN 033/05 CEMD 010 151335Z FEV 05
1.  LE CANFORGEN A LA REF A ANNONCE QUE LES CHANGEMENTS AU TAUX DE
SOLDE POUR L AF 04/05 SERONT RETROACTIFS A PARTIR DU 1 AVR 04 ET QUE
LES MEMBRES DES FC DEVRAIENT VOIR LEURS AUGMENTATIONS DANS LEURS
COMPTES DE SOLDE A LA FIN MAR 05
2.  EN RAISON D UN PROBLEME IMPREVU ET HORS DU CONTROLE DU
MINISTERE, LES NOUVEAUX TAUX DE SOLDE NE PEUVENT PAS ETRES MIS EN
APPLICATION AVANT LA FIN DE L AF 04/05
3.  SOYEZ ASSURES QUE TOUTES LES MESURES ONT ETE ENTREPRISES AFIN
QUE
L AUGMENTATION DE SOLDE SOIT DEPOSEE AUSSITOT QUE POSSIBLE. IL A ETE
CONFIRME QUE L AUGMENTATION SERA DEPOSEE DANS VOS COMPTES DE SOLDE A
LA MI AVR 05
4.  VOTRE PATIENCE ET COMPREHENSION SONT APPRECIEES
BT
WBO390  DELIVERED  0561557  678826

Good catch!  I stopped checking the CANFORGEN's when the pay raise was announced, but it is there on the DWAN, CANFORGEN 043/05. Well, we have waited this long, whats another two weeks.  ::)

Go figure.  I thought we where missing the hiccup stage.

lol missing... never we cant miss the hiccup stage...

remember Hurry up and wait.

Someone probably figured out that they were going to have to recalculate the April 05 raise a month after a March backpay calculation. Better to have it done once rather than to double the odds of errors with individual acounts.

Has anyone ever thought that since this is all tied to a UNion based pay scale on the civil service side that DND is a defacto Union enviroment?

Its technically not of course - but doesn't this really show where DND sits in the shceme of bargaining power?

2nd question ---- I belive the swivvel servants already have their cash - am I right or am I wrong?

54/102 CEF said:
2nd question ---- I belive the swivvel servants already have their cash - am I right or am I wrong?

Those who work for me haven't seen it yet.

Nice post on the delayed pay increase.  More testament to the rule "don't spend it before you see it".  I will certainly be fielding calls from creditors of my men end March, likely from premature purchases of plasma tv's and the like.  Here we go again...

We should get interest on top of that... They have been holding our money for a year.. >:D

I wish they would pay us overtime... a lot of thing would change around here.  Cancel overtime in war time.

404SqnAVSTeach said:
I wish they would pay us overtime... a lot of thing would change around here.   Cancel overtime in war time.

Hey, now! That idea seems too fair ever to be implemented...besides, how fast do you want to spend our budget increase anyway? ;D

404SqnAVSTeach said:
I wish they would pay us overtime... a lot of thing would change around here.   Cancel overtime in war time.

How much less pay and leave would you like to have in order to get overtime? We get "the military factor" and an "overtime factor" in our pay and benefits already (for example, a public servant needs about 10 years service to get 20 leave days per year).

Don't forget that the TB determines your pay and benefits. If you want something, inevitably you'll give something up.

Acorn

Missile Man said:
Nice post on the delayed pay increase.   More testament to the rule "don't spend it before you see it".   I will certainly be fielding calls from creditors of my men end March, likely from premature purchases of plasma tv's and the like.   Here we go again...

It is against the Law for creditors to call someone other than the person who is defaulting the payments. Call the creditors on it and they will hang up on you.

I think it would be much nicer if in the future they don't tell us about any raises or anything until it's already on our pay, dismiss rumors of impending raises from leaks as just baseless rumor and make it a nice suprise when it happens, rather than drag us through this rollercoaster of expectation for months, irritating people.

They need to up front with pending raise in pay in order to keep people in the forces.  It is the old "carrot on the stick" routine.  Without the promise of better pay, fewer people would re-sign their contracts.  Even with this pay raise, there are several good people within my unit that have found employment elsewhere and are taking their release.

What truly amazes me is how "amazed" some folks are at this delay. You would think that by now anybody in the military would be used to having to wait to get what they are promised.  :salute:

The pay raises are not being held back. We all get our pay raise on 1 April. What is being delayed is the retroactive amounts due.

CHIMO!!!!! said:
It is against the Law for creditors to call someone other than the person who is defaulting the payments. Call the creditors on it and they will hang up on you.

They actually can call the place of employment. I was a creditor for 2 years back in Mississauga. We use to call places of employment all the time, if we couldnt get a hold of the creditor in person over the phone that day.  And legally, we were allowed to call upto 3 times a day.  Creditors arent allowed to divuldge specific information such as how much is due, but they are allowed to state pretty much everything else

AirForceWife said:
They actually can call the place of employment. I was a creditor for 2 years back in Mississauga. We use to call places of employment all the time, if we couldnt get a hold of the creditor in person over the phone that day. And legally, we were allowed to call upto 3 times a day. Creditors arent allowed to divuldge specific information such as how much is due, but they are allowed to state pretty much everything else

It is up to the employer to not divulge personal information.  The Creditor can call all they want, like an annoying telemarketer, but the onus lies with the employer to protect the privacy of their employees.  Action has been taken by DND in the past against the actions of some "Creditors", I remember on instance in the past where the B of M was kicked out of the Canex property due to some unethical inside information they were gathering on Servicemen in Petawawa in the early '80s.

Actually, the ONLY time a creditor can contact your place of employment is if the case has been litigated through courts and there is a garnish on your salary. The creditor has a right to inquire about that matter. Above all it is illegal for a creditor to call your place of work after all other reasonable means of contact have been made ie, phonecalls, mail, or registered mail. A creditor can not call your work, identify themself as one and leave a number of contact as it can escalate friction between employer/employee relationship. It is also illegal for a creditor to call your home on Sundays.
One thing people are unaware of, if your financial hardship has escalated to the level of credit collector you have the right to request a Financial Capacity Assessment where they provide you with a form to fill out and you can arrange payments through them. This is something they will not let you know about. Do not be intimidated by having them insist you go through the legal loan sharks of transcanada credit etc as your credit rating will be reflected and you will have at least a 30% interest rate if you qualify. More is available through the consumers web on your rights.

Back