• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay - Reserve BMQ

Ruffles250 said:
Hey, I'm registered for BMQ during the fall for my unit in Lethbridge. I was wondering about the pay, like how much per week, and when you get paid.

15th and the 30th of every month, your pay will be 2 weeks delayed (any work 1-15 will be on 30 pay, 16-30 on next month's 15th).

You get paid what you show up for work for, based on your daily rate of pay. Its like any hourly job, the more you show up the more you get.

Okay, thanks for the info guys! Also, does anyone know how the Reserves scholarship works? I heard it's up to 2000 a year, but I have no idea how to qualify or apply for it.

Its not a scholarship. Ask your chain of command at your unit, and its only reimbursed at the end of each year. Up to $2k a year up to $8k lifetime.

Ruffles250 said:
Also, does anyone know how the Reserves scholarship works?

Is this what you are referring to?

Reserve University Reimbursement Program 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/18268.50.html
3 pages.

See also,

Education Reimbursement 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/782.125.html
7 pages.

Ruffles250 said:
Okay, thanks for the info guys! Also, does anyone know how the Reserves scholarship works? I heard it's up to 2000 a year, but I have no idea how to qualify or apply for it.

210.801 - Education Reimbursement - Primary Reserve

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits/ch-210-misc-entitlements-grants.page#sec-801

You must be BMOQ/BMQ qualified before you are eligible to apply for education reimbursement.  You local Reserve Unit Orderly Room can provide details.

Hi,

I am currently waiting for my interview for the Reserves, and after starting BMQ, I'm curious about what I will be getting for the normal monthly reserve calendar. Would anyone know the starting pay for an infantry soldier in the Reserves? I have exhausted this search engine as well as Google but can't find anything relevant.

Thank you in advance if answered.

MarwanKhan118 said:
Would anyone know the starting pay for an infantry soldier in the Reserves?

Pay Scales for Primary RESERVE
https://army.ca/forums/threads/123857.0.html

Not sure why this is in VAC if you are an applicant?

See also,

MarwanKhan118

MarwanKhan118 said:
And if anybody else knows, how much is the starting pay for an infantry soldier in the reserve.

MarwanKhan118 said:
Hi,

I am currently waiting for my interview for the Reserves, and after starting BMQ, I'm curious about what I will be getting for the normal monthly reserve calendar. Would anyone know the starting pay for an infantry soldier in the Reserves? I have exhausted this search engine as well as Google but can't find anything relevant.

Thank you in advance if answered.

$90 per day of work.

A day of work is classified as 6 hours or more. There is no overtime, if buddy works 6 hours but you work 24, you both get $90.

Anything less than 6 hours and you get a Half-Day of pay (or $45).

Your pay will go up upon completion of your Basic Training, every year on the anniversary of your enrolment/promotion, and upon promotion.

See also, MarwanKhan118

MarwanKhan118 said:
And if anybody else knows, how much is the starting pay for an infantry soldier in the reserve. It would be great if anybody could provide a detailed answer,

Gunshark said:
For non-commissioned members, about $90/day (or $45/half-day) before tax.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

I was also wondering, can you work more than one evening a week, and more than one weekend a month?

Thank you.

MarwanKhan118 said:
I was also wondering, can you work more than one evening a week, and more than one weekend a month?

Total amount that Reservists make in a year 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/117121.0

MarwanKhan118 said:

Thank you.

Perhaps you should be reading some of the topics here, where your questions have already been answered.  Answers can be found to questions you have not even thought of yet.  A donation to the Site Owner to increase his bandwidth and storage capacity may be in order if you want to start even more redundant topics.  [:D

MarwanKhan118 said:

Thank you.

On a Class A contract (standard), you are limited to a maximum of 15 days of work per month (or other Unit/Regiment limitations).

For a brand new private it works out to 1350 before taxes and other deductions. Work in the reserves is available, but not guaranteed. Do not expect or rely on the reserves as a steady, consistent source of income.

From,

Total amount that Reservists make in a year 

Harris said:
For example in my Unit I've got soldiers who have worked 12 days or so, and a couple who are available for everything who just broke 100 class A days.  Depending on what courses you take in the summer or what staff position you get, you could easily tack on another 30-90 class B days.

Seeing as how you appear to be brand new, and assuming you are available for everything going at you rank level, I'd say as a minimum, you can probably get 60 total days your first year (also depending on how many other in your Unit are available for work too).  Once you get your military drivers license, you can usually get a lot more days if you are available.

That's probably as good as you are going to get.  Short answer is it depends on a lot of factors.  Note: If you are joining only for the money, you'll be sorely disappointed until you are at least trades trained and able to either drive or teach.

I would add that as MSE-Ops in the Reserve, we were kept busy. More current MSE-Ops can comment on how busy the trade is now.

LunchMeat said:
On a Class A contract (standard), you are limited to a maximum of 15 days of work per month (or other Unit/Regiment limitations).

That does not allow you to work 15 days per month for the year, though.  There is a limit of Class A time a Reservist can parade at their unit in a year (Courses exempted).

George Wallace said:
That does not allow you to work 15 days per month for the year, though.  There is a limit of Class A time a Reservist can parade at their unit in a year (Courses exempted).

It's 120 days.

However, the only people that ever get close to that number are the real workhorses of the unit. People that always volunteer for exercises or people who volunteer to be drive others to the airport for different taskings (we send people on a LOT of taskings and therefore need drivers with 404s all the time).

To go over the 120 days, you just need to submit a request to HQ. Since your justification is that these few people are the grease that makes your unit run, these requests never get turned down.

Hey this doesn't relate to pay but what is the schedule like during the fall? Like I saw that it runs from Friday to Sunday but what time does it start on Fridays?

Jamiefarr said:
Hey this doesn't relate to pay but what is the schedule like during the fall? Like I saw that it runs from Friday to Sunday but what time does it start on Fridays?

This is something that you would need to speak with your unit recruiter about.  Each Brigade has their own "Battle School" that runs weekend BMQ.  Report times may vary between Battle Schools.  Also a Battle School is for an entire Brigade, so using 32 Brigade Battle School as an example, the time to be at the Armoury might by 17h00; but it's for all units that fall under 32CBG, so if your unit is putting on transportation for you, your reporting time would vary depending on which unit you belong to.

Hi everyone, I hope that I am posting this is the right spot. This is my first post.

I have heard that when a 1st year Private Reservist is doing their BMQ during the Summer, that you get paid for every day of the month.  That would be $96.06 for every day of the month, even weekends when on leave.  Is this true? (Doesn't sound right but...)

Also, is there some kind of allowance of $17.30 per day? Do you get that when at the BMQ?

Thanks

Back