• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PDL..

S

sirux0r

Post Deployment Leave if leaving your home for a week per say (small sail) should I be granted 1 day PDL?

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/pd/lea-con/cflpm-mprcfc-eng.asp

Here is a link to the leave manual for your convenience.

sirux0r said:
Post Deployment Leave if leaving your home for a week per say (small sail) should I be granted 1 day PDL?

Based on your post, I am assuming that you are assigned to a ship in which case have a look at Chap 5, Table 2 of the CF Leave Manual.  This is a "very" misunderstood part of the leave policy, that in short is going to eventually require additional clarification from higher up.  For one thing, there is NO definition provided with respect to the term "Home" as used in the context of the manual.  So if you are posted to a ship and leave port for 7 days you get nothing, unless your CO grants you "short leave".  If you are out for 14-30 days, you get 1 day before and 2 days on return.  You only need to ask for it and it can only be denied at the "Formation Commander" level.

The key is "you need to ask for it immediately prior to or after" the absence or you forfeit the entitlement.

Back