• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PEI Election - Liberal Alan McIsaac wins seat in coin toss after recount tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't find an existing thread discussing the PEI provincial election.  But here were no great issues or political upsets that energized the rest of Canada and, after all, it was just PEI and unless the talk was about senatorial qualification, there isn't a lot of thought given (in the rest of Canada) to their politics. However, deciding an election with a coin toss is interesting.  Personally, I think it should be by rock-paper-scissors.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/liberal-alan-mcisaac-wins-seat-in-coin-toss-after-recount-tie-1.3079433
Liberal Alan McIsaac wins seat in coin toss after recount tie
Vernon River-Stratford candidate Mary Ellen McInnis asked for recount after losing by 2 votes

CBC News Posted: May 19, 2015 5:31 PM AT| Last Updated: May 19, 2015 6:44 PM AT

Liberal candidate Alan McIsaac's seat was affirmed in a coin toss after a judicial recount of the votes in District 5, Vernon River-Stratford Tuesday revealed a tie.

Progressive Conservative candidate Mary Ellen McInnis lost the May 4 provincial election by just two votes to incumbent  McIsaac.

She officially filed for the recount on May 12.

Judge John Douglas performed the recount in a room at the Atlantic Technology Centre in Charlottetown. Both McIsaac and McInnis were present.

"It just shows everybody across this province how valuable one vote can be," said McIsaac.

"I'm really looking forward to working with Premier MacLauchlan."

PC Leader Rob Lantz has also filed for a judicial recount in District 13, Charlottetown-Brighton. He lost the district to Liberal newcomer Jordan Brown by just 24 votes. A date has not been set for that recount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back