• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pensioner vs. Refugee

• Thread starter GunnerySgtHartman
  • Start date
G

GunnerySgtHartman

This discussion should get every Canadian to expose what our elected politicians are doing to the over-taxed Canadian.

THE INFORMATION IN HERE WAS PRINTED: Toronto Star- April 18th, 2004

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Just informing all Canadians, so we can all be ticked off and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.
:eek: :eek:

What is your take on this?

Could youi kindly post a source for this information so that I may begin forwarding it. Thank you.

Why exactly should we be cutting back support for people fleeing things like murder and rape in their own homes? I don't see what your reasoning for this is.

Bob

Bob said:
Why exactly should we be cutting back support for people fleeing things like murder and rape in their own homes? I don't see what your reasoning for this is.

Bob

On the other hand, why should we be the worlds welfare office?

Alfonso Soriano said:
Just informing all Canadians, so we can all be ticked off and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.
:eek: :eek:

You're assuming the number of refugees receiving this assistance is equal to the number of pensioners.  Which is a mistaken assumption.  If you cut back the money going to the refugees, you could probably boost the ammount an average pensioner receives by, oh, about $40.

ExistancE said:
Could youi kindly post a source for this information so that I may begin forwarding it. Thank you.

The Answer your question Existance is that it was printed by the Toronto Star in April 18th, 2004. The article was titled "Pay pensioners same as refugees?" and was part of a series of small articles that have lately been starting a lot of contraversy. The first part of the series was titled "New refugee plan eyes small cities"; this was printed March 11th 2004.

Bob said:

Bob

Of course, genuine refugees should be welcomed into the country, but there seem to be huge discrepancies in the system, that need to be corrected, and the whole thing streamlined.

This was posted to begin a discussion, so that everyone who reads this post can leave there own reaction to the story.

MY TAKE ON THIS ISSUE:

Let face it, apart from our native peoples we're all immigrants here or the children of immigrants. The investment of tax dollars into any immigrant's well being is absolutely critical to our nation. The return on investment is just to staggering to imagine. It is what built this country and what sustains it. But looking at the numbers and the facts you have to admit that this is another one of those wierd things that our Goverment has done. As for our treatment of the aged in Canada, it is a national scandal and it's truly time for a government that will clean out the bureaucratic cesspool that is Ottawa and start again.

Alfonso Soriano said:
Let face it, apart from our native peoples we're all immigrants here or the children of immigrants. The investment of tax dollars into any immigrant's well being is absolutely critical to our nation.

I generally agree with what you are saying but I would like to remind you that there is a difference between an immigrant and a pioneer. To some of us it's an important distinction.

Back