• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pepper spray for personal defence in canada and france

fourninerzero

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a friend who is canadian, but going to school in France. she has an issue with a crazy homeless guy who "pleasures" himself at her busstop. he bothers the women, and on a couple of occasions has attemted to smear the results of his sessions on the women at the stop.

herein lies my questioning. she wanted some advice on personal protection, specifically MACE or another form of pepper spray. is it legal for carry in canada? how bout france? where to get it? brands? types? training with it?

thanks dudes and dudettes.

EDIT- mods if this is in the wrong area please re direct to the proper one.

better and legal to put a steel toed Doc Marten into his chitlins with a little gusto.  Two or three treatments may be required, but eventually the problem will clear up.

Kat Stevens said:
better and legal to put a steel toed Doc Marten into his chitlins with a little gusto.  Two or three treatments may be required, but eventually the problem will clear up.

Of course, he may also be a masochist.

Pepper spray, MACE or other chemical irritants are illegal for personal protection use in Canada against humans.  If she's in France, she should check with her local gendarmes.

Bear spray on the other hand is readily available at all sorts of camping stores, such as Campers Village, Mountain Equipment Co-Op, etc, etc....just saying...

Personally, I'd stick with the legal method of doing things.  Report the man to the police, and have him charged with assault - or shove a nice big steel toed boot up his ass, and keep it there.

Noted for canadian usage, i figured that, but wasnt 100 percent on it.

as for layin the boots, no go. shes not the violent type, and personally i want to stay right the (insert bad word here) out of range of the mofo as possible, lest he be diseasead or the like. hence mace, for the slight range increase over a pair of boots, and the oppourtunity to avoid any physical contact. if i were with her in france, i'd be doing some stomping myself, but since im here in good ol alberta, its tough to do anything but help advise.

Ive already mentioned check with the local blue light types, and insure they know the situation and to find out local laws and the like.

CBH99 said:
Bear spray on the other hand is readily available at all sorts of camping stores, such as Campers Village, Mountain Equipment Co-Op, etc, etc....just saying...

Legal to buy yes, but the moment you use bear/dog spray/repellant on a person, you have now opened yourself up to being charged.

Judged by 12, or carried by 6, your choice I guess.

Kat Stevens said:
Judged by 12, or carried by 6, your choice I guess.

Where she may or may not be treated as she could expect here.  Remember, she's in France and subject to the laws of the host country. 

Talk to the local cops.  Keep making an issue of it until they scoop this douchebag off the streets.  The other side of this is if she does end up dealing with him herself, the PD will have a record of her complaints against him.  This will help.

Back