• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PERs : All issues questions...2003-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmyVern said:
Interestingly, I recd a request today to act as an AM for a PER grievance happening in another Command. The request is supported by the CoC.

Good luck with your process; I wish you well.

Cheer's Vern.

I'll gladly take you as a AM; if so we will have a grand chuckle at this mess. However from what I heard as of late it will be re written reflecting truth and proper use of word picture (which we are certain wasn't used...it couldn't of been) to accurately reflect in the "bubbles". A Sgt excelling in a WO and Capt position deserving of more than Developing PER. There is no validation of the issues he presents. I basically had a disagreement over his misdirection on a policy, he became angry due to his incompetence and I had to leave the workplace to deescalate what turned into an argument. I did what was proper. I was never cautioned I was never charged I was never talked to about the incident as I had done the proper thing. I was also instructed by another officer to do as I did If this CIC officer went off his head again. This somehow makes it onto my PER when it was his unprofessional attitude that caused an unnecessary argument which he intended to escalate over and over until I under direction left.

Turns out this is what most of my PER states. A skewed idea of what happened by the same CIC officer. I have tons of witnesses if it comes to that. However I am assuming my CoC will get him to reign in his petty little digs.

At first...it bugged me and pushed me near over the top. Now it's honestly turning into a running joke.

As for the harassment I don't think I'll even bother.  I don't want to give him the satisfaction of attention and maybe a class A days pay. Luckly for the next ACA this CIC Capt has lost his job and has been replaced.

ArmyVern said:
I've told my supervisors to treat them as per normal. Much like a pers who is on MATA or PATA (ie away from the workplace for extended periods), I expect a honest assessment of their performance while they were at work.  As far as I'm concerned, being on 1/2 days due to OSI etc, or other means that you don't deduct for how they did not perform while excused from the workplace, but rather you assess them fairly on how they did perform while at work.

If dude/dudette was at work for 1/2 days for the past year, but did an excellent job during those 1/2 days - they are to be assessed as having done that excellent job. So far, all of my supervisors seem to have gotten it and I haven't experienced any issues regarding submitted grievances or unfair write-ups. Knock, knock, knock.

I fully agree. However I would add in taking into considerations his/her medical limitations. I made my CoC fully aware that I may have to leave during meetings, may come in late, but most of the time it wouldn't be a problem. I took it upon myself to get my Dr to draft a memo of sorts explaining things I should be able to work through but would need to be afforded some leeway in certain forms of employment. What I always done was made sure my co workers knew and were ready to take over during periods I would require them.

It was after a capt cornered me in my office not allowing me to leave as he accosted me like I was a pte in front of the whole office was the day I walked out. I told him he needed to provide clearer directions on money being spent and he ****ing lost it.

Then this crap shows up on my developing PER.

It's amazing what makes it into PERs sometimes. I once grieved an adverse PER that was written on the foundation of "he was rude to the troops once". This was the same year that as a PO2 I was Pl WO, acting CSM and acting RSM for most of the observation period.

dogger1936 said:
A Sgt excelling in a WO and Capt position deserving of more than Developing PER.

This does highlight a fairly common problem - folks being in positions above their rank level, yet being assessed as the rank of the position.

It sometimes boils down to something like "As a Sgt, he's a developing WO."  Fine - but how does that developing WO translate into the Sgt rankings?

dapaterson said:
This does highlight a fairly common problem - folks being in positions above their rank level, yet being assessed as the rank of the position.

It sometimes boils down to something like "As a Sgt, he's a developing WO."  Fine - but how does that developing WO translate into the Sgt rankings?

To me that would be a MOI PER. A Sgt working as a WO with little to no difficulty and filling in a Capt position over the course of the reporting period would be a pretty good definition of a MOI Sgt to me.

dogger1936 said:
To me that would be a MOI PER. A Sgt working as a WO with little to no difficulty and filling in a Capt position over the course of the reporting period would be a pretty good definition of a MOI Sgt to me.

I agree. A Sgt filling a WO or Capt position, and displaying little difficulty in doing so, would indeed be an MOI Sgt. Not hard to justify that at all.

Teeps74 said:
I agree. A Sgt filling a WO or Capt position, and displaying little difficulty in doing so, would indeed be an MOI Sgt. Not hard to justify that at all.

One would think. Not to mention the narrative aside from this little mans attempt to add his disagreement with me as full fledged insubordination (sorry never charged never cautioned; and he was the instigator) is all good points....yet everything is developing? The guy has no clue what he is doing. I'm glad he is not resigned for this year; I dread to think what his demeanor is like with subordinates who are youth in the program.

Last time I checked you as a CIC Capt can't decide to make up charges and put on a PER....Unless something changed recently I'm not aware of? :nod:

For you that followed my post...here is an update! We were able to get the move postponed! So we are very happy about this. AND another thing we are happy about is that IVF DID work. I am currently pregnant! So we are posted for December 10th (or November 10th or january 10th as you know it is possible to move the date 30 days pre/post the date.) Hopefuly our house will sale fast. We are putting it on the market next week...SO...if you know anyone in St Jean Area looking for something, we have one!
Thanks everyone for your help :) :moose:

armywife78 said:
Thanks everyone for your help :) :moose:

I'm pretty sure your husband did it all on his own.  ;D

Oh wait, you mean.......never mind.

Congrats!

armywife78 said:
(or November 10th or january 10th as you know it is possible to move the date 30 days pre/post the date.)

Small detail but, 30 days beyond your COS is January 9th, not the 10th (theres 31 days in December). 30 Days prior to your COS date is indeed November 10th, but that is a Saturday and some units will not accept a week-end report date. That would make November 12th, the early limit of your window.

FYI.

Congratulations, I am glad that everything worked in your favor. Good luck on selling your home, and the move!

Question
Joined in August of 09 and I received my first hook in Feb 2012 while on OP to Inuvik. I've just completed my 36 months. QL5 qualified. Have received top student and peer awards. Had a PER done and it was good. No charges, no complaints against me. Have most of my book done. Mech Eng before I joined up. WOndering if I can request an advanced Cpl's? and my chances of getting it. I'm an RM Tech, shop has one Pte no hook, myself, one Cpl, one MCpl etc

No you can not request a promotion.  Your Chain of Command has to recommend it.

From CFA0 49-4 Career Policy NCM Reg Force

ANNEX B -- ACCELERATED PROMOTION

GENERAL

1. A CO may nominate for accelerated promotion members with outstanding ability, leadership, or supervisory potential. Accelerated promotion to Cpl must be in recognition of demonstrated outstanding performance as a tradesperson, whereas nomination for accelerated appointment to MCpl or above must also recognize leadership potential. A Pte may be nominated for accelerated promotion to Cpl or appointment to MCpl but a member of the rank of Cpl or above may be nominated for accelerated promotion only to the next higher rank, including appointment to MCpl.

3. Except as otherwise indicated, members governed by Tables 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 of Annex A are not eligible for accelerated promotion.

5. To be eligible for nomination for accelerated promotion, a member must meet the prerequisites prescribed in Table 2 to Annex A and those in the appropriate tables to this Annex. A member may be nominated for accelerated promotion to MCpl without being MOC qualified but may not be promoted until all prerequisites are met. The CO shall negotiate priority coursing with the appropriate career manager (CM).

PROMOTION -- PTE -- CPL
7. A Pte's promotion may be accelerated to AL/Cpl who lacks QL5A qualification because of Service reasons provided the member meets all the other prerequisites in Table 1 to this Annex.

----------------------------------------------

That is some of the CFAO, you can get the full meal deal on the DIN.

I've never heard of someone 'requesting' it for themself before.  You're a Pte but got a PER?

KatFleming said:
Had a PER done and it was good.

A PDR maybe as Privates do not get PERs. There is no "word picture" section for Private and, in fact, the rank of Private is not even selectable in CFPAS for a PER.

X Royal said:
That is the same standard as in the late 70's early 80's. I had to be ordered to put my first hook up.

Never did put my first hook up as it wasn't formally given to me. I was in the Airborne at the time and don't recall anyone putting up one hook.

CDN Aviator said:
A PDR maybe as Privates do not get PERs. There is no "word picture" section for Private and, in fact, the rank of Private is not even selectable in CFPAS for a PER.

Where I am we do a draft PER(narrative only, no scores), a form elaborating further on certain AFs and PF and a letter from the CO to the WComd.  I got a couple through in the last few months...

D3 said:
Where I am we do a draft PER(narrative only, no scores), a form elaborating further on certain AFs and PF and a letter from the CO to the WComd.  I got a couple through in the last few months...

Using the form a PER does not make.

D3 said:

So basically a PDR on a PER sheet.  Unusual way forward but at least you guys do some form of PDR.  I have several RCAF friends that only receive PERs and haven't seen a PDR unless they work for an outside unit/agency.

MJP said:
I have several RCAF friends that only receive PERs and haven't seen a PDR unless they work for an outside unit/agency.

I never once got a PDR.  Most of my time after PDRs came out was spent at formation HQs or directorates in NDHQ, where I suspect they're not done as often as they're supposed to be, even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back