• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal Rationalization of Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.
big bad john said:
ROE Rule 1) If they are trying to kill me or mine or those I am defending RETURN FIRE!  If you have to think about it, please have the courtesy to ensure that your will is made out and that your affairs are in order.

I really wouldn't want to serve with you, I would never know if my back was covered.

my question was in the event of an operational asset being stolen how do you determine when it's time to apply deadly force, IF they are not threatening your life, if they got hostile problem solved, but if they just turn and laugh what then?

when I took my PSTC trg we were shown many scenarios on tape, one was a gate gaurd waving good by to locals working as translaters, then the translators crossed the street and were gunned down, the guard opens up (right on) and then we discussed whether or not that was propper application of deadly force, the instructor to my dismay said no, becuase the gunman was only attacking the translators not the guard...

I stated then that I'd open up if I were in the same situation and protect the translators and face the court martial rather than live with not having done anything to help them.

In my opinion a translator would be both a mission critical asset and an ally... this bothered me

::)

Your instructor must have been sniffing glue.

Regards

Gentlemen: Against my better judgement, I'm back. I think I can sum this up quickly.Really, we should all express the empathy we all feel in our hearts for poor Siggy...I mean, it's way past his bed time, and the medication is just now kicking in. I think if we all use our imaginations to conjure up a scenario in which the kid would be all alone- WITHOUT BACKUP, FOR GOD'S SAKE- we can easily see in our mind's eye the result: Jimmy attempts to remove his weapon from inside his barrack box in the comm centre in the middle of camp. He forgets his lock combination. Is then forced to use the deadly martial arts that he was taught in Ninja School before going on tour. Is then immediately beaten to death by the aged, though, still deadly, cleaning lady who Siggy has mistaken for an NVA Sapper. No more requirement to worry about R'sOE....

On that note this thread is locked. The horse has been beaten...to a fine pulp.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back