• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pet. Vs Meaford

Shilo is like the worst place IMO. I am not a fan of the army of the west. i was part of the "army of the west" for 5 years. No thanx. To each, they're own.

I think I will go with mudford.    I always loved the fact it could be raining at the ranges, snowing at the mess and sunny everywhere else.   

Yeah, I've heard absolutely nothing good about Shilo.... bland, crappy weather, out in the middle of nowhere... only store is a Canex, etc etc. Suffield, same deal. Dundurn, same. From my experience, a posting to any of these bases should come with an issue of a trailer, a 300 lb wife in curlers, and one of those fish you put on your walls that sings. Gooooooo RALSTON!!!

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Yeah, I've heard absolutely nothing good about Shilo.... bland, crappy weather, out in the middle of nowhere... only store is a Canex, etc etc. Suffield, same deal. Dundurn, same. From my experience, a posting to any of these bases should come with an issue of a trailer, a 300 lb wife in curlers, and one of those fish you put on your walls that sings. Gooooooo RALSTON!!!

You forgot the rocking chair, shotgun and spotlight on the front porch.

Bird_Gunner45 said:

Dundurn isn't too bad in that it's a relatively short drive into Saskatoon (well, 30 min or so) but as for Shilo and Suffield...I agree, yuck. Especially Suffield.

IMHO, the only good posting for a young person in the Army would be Edmonton as it is at least in a major city, Gagetown is alright too (close to Freddy). But as for the rest....no thanks. And I'd sooner release then go to Pet.  ;)

You all are forgetting the ticks in shilo *shudder*, and the fact that the mosquitos aren't phased by deet

personally I don't mind Shilo as Brandon has everything you need now that it's been expanding and it's only 15 minutes away... though I may be a bit biased as I'm from Manitoba

Another handy thing about living on the prairie is you can watch your dog run away for three days straight...

Or one of my troops waddle away for a week.

Back